Sunday, December 12, 2010

Itzablizzard!

Saturday morning posed the question: 
What to do when it looks like this outside??


I had lots of ideas that would keep me inside ~ Chris, not so much.  He sent an email to the parents of one of Taite's basketball teams that the practice they had planned was strictly optional and he headed out, picked up the twins and skated to the middle school (Chris was NOT about to waste a warm, open gym!)  The only way I was going out in this was for the promise of food and drinks :D  Yummy homemade veggie soup, to be exact!

Me, I turned on all of our Christmas lights, lit candles, turned on the Christmas music.  Bray chatted on the phone in between games on the Wii and I cleaned, baked, cooked and finished up some Christmas to-do things.




These are our new favorite rolls ~ they are soooo good, but kind of expensive so we only break them out for emergencies (running out of time, constitutes an emergency)

This is a new recipe for corn chowder and it was soooo good and sooo perfect for during a blizzard!

Especially after playing out in the snow :D

I baked 2 kinds of cookies and fresh buns (homemade, not the cheating kind) for our invite for supper.  Between the baking and the candles I had lit, out house smelled pretty good!

This is for all my hard work at the end of the day ~ it was in the cupboard and I needed it a little colder than that, so I used the free freezer outside :~)


Remember the Boo bags the boys and I made?  They are not just for Halloween!  Bray and I made bags to use for gift cards and other smaller gifts!  I'm always afraid the gift cards are going to get lost, but they won't when they are placed in these cute little bags! 

They are even light enough to hang in the tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment