Sunday, June 13, 2010

We are collecting keys

This is just a picture I took the day I walked to DQ with Brayton's class.  It was rather chaotic and I'm glad I don't have to do that again.  Lets just say that I like more orderly kids when we are walking along busy roadways with no sidewalks!  The boy in the picture with Bray is his best friend Andy.  This is in the classroom before we began our "adventure" and after I took the picture, another boy commented that Bray and Andy kind of look alike.  :~)
We have been collecting keys around here. . .
House keys, shed keys and trailer keys.  We no longer have to collect trailer (office) keys because that left on Saturday morning.  We weren't sure it would make it all the way to Wabasha, but after only 1 hour and 46 minutes after they left, they had arrived and called Chris so he could start breathing again.  He was so worried ~ why, you ask?  The axles under the trailer were the same ones we had used 12 years ago AND they had laid out in the elements all those years and Chris had to take them all apart just to get things spinning again and not necessarily freely either!  The tires had been stored inside, but they were cracked and Chris wasn't sure about them, but they held air!  That batch of keys is now passed onto the next owners.  As I was cleaning out the boys' backpacks, I decided to start a bag for the house keys.  I really have no idea how many we have or who all has them, but if I were buying a house, I'd change the locks anyhow.  With any luck, we'll be done collecting these keys the end of July.  We have a buyer for our house and we are expecting the home inspection to happen this week.  After that happens, the buyer has 48 hours to change her mind based on what is found and after that time is gone by, if she doesn't die or lose her job, we have our house sold!  It happened rather quickly, but hopefully everything works out!  The boys were excited to hear that they could be done with school next year in MAY (provided we get moved and they start in August)! 

Here is the trailer/office moving down the road.  The driver said he wouldn't break any speed limits, but that didn't mean he didn't push them!
Here is where the office once stood.

No comments:

Post a Comment