Today I decided to not be stressed over posting on here.
I don't need to share tons of pictures.
I can just share tidbits and stories of what goes on here.
Pictures are fun, but they are not everything and you are missing a LOT just because I don't have pics!
I try to post on FB because it's easier and I think most read that (lots don't though too) but I try not to make them be super long on FB and then miss some of the good stuff. Anywho....I'm going to post random crap on here! Lucky you! hehehe
Today:
We got lots of snow yesterday. By lots, I mean about 4-6 inches and Chris is in Amsterdam so when I shoveled it, it seemed like we'd gotten a foot!
This is the first day this week that Taite has gone to school. Since he had every book, notebook & binder he owns at home, I gave the boys a ride to school.
The roads were S-L-I-C-K!
The exit ramp to the school was backed up onto the highway and as we were approaching, I could see over the Suburban in front of me that the tanker of gas (YES, a gas delivery truck) was fish-tailing due to trying to slow down and miss all the cars that were backed up onto the interstate from the exit stop sign. Needless to say, those of us who saw this fish-tailing pulled way over on the shoulder of the interstate to avoid any accidents.
I was reveling in my success at getting the boys to school without incident when I suddenly remembered, I got to drive this route again in 2 hours! Taite had an appt with an ENT. Great.....
The roads were much better at 10, than they were at 8 (in my opinion, school could've had a late start and it would've been safer for everyone!). The ENT appt started with a guy who was going to perform a hearing test. Ahhh, we are hear to see about enlarged tonsils and his ear that has a burst ear drum. So, no hearing test today.
The nurse is appalled to find out we don't have a primary Dr. Um, unless you are sick a lot (Taite's last illness was in Oct ~ 2 colds a year, I would say, is not bad) we haven't had the need to do interviews of doctors just to be prepared. Then she says "Where do they get their immunizations?!" We moved 1 1/2 years ago and they are 12 & 10, so last I checked they only need regular immunizations when they are Y-O-U-N-G-E-R!!! Oh, good point (so she says). We discussed the doctors visits and ER trip and everything that had been going on.
The Dr. comes in and starts in on the no-pediatrician thing! Had we had a pediatrician, we would not be there to see about the large tonsils (everyone comments on them when Taite gets sick, so I didn't know if anything needed to be done) blah, blah, blah....
He looks in Taite's ear and asks if we've put anything into it besides the drops they gave us on Tuesday at the PA's office. Nope. "Hmmm", he says, "that's strange". Then he pulls out the wick and asked "what is this?!" The more I think about this visit, the more upset I am getting. You know I already feel like this is our fault. We didn't go to the right doctor to begin with. They should've given stronger antibiotics sooner. And when I did need help with a 2nd opinion regarding the PA's diagnosis on Tuesday, no one at Dr. Reason Ford's office would help me because they hadn't seen the patient. Never mind that I'd already called them numerous times trying to GET them to see Taite and the best piece of advice another ENT's nurse gave me? If he gets a fever or if his ear swells on the outside, go to the ER. That was it, but it was more than Ford's office or the PA had given us as far as what to watch for. I'm sorry to go on and on about this, but going over this appointment in my head again and again, I'm sure he and his nurse already had us pegged for self-medicating, self-diagnosing hippies. Everything I told him about Taite's ongoing symptoms he questioned.
Sinus infection? How do you know? Who told you that?
Bulging on the ear? Okay, I can believe that. If they used the word "bulging" then I believe what they said.
Even when my children were very little and were sick much more often than this, I have never been spoken too so condescendingly and felt so terrible (except for that one OB-GYN that used to make me cry with every pregnancy appointment I went to). That's a lot of years, so I really am not looking forward to going back for the follow up in 2 weeks. At least Chris will be home then.
Well, this has drug on longer than I wanted it to and now I'm all depressed, so I'll try these little snippets another time. . .
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment