Monday, November 18, 2013

Thinking....

Recently I've been thinking about blogging again on a regular basis.  I spend a lot of time reading blogs, seeing projects and learning about other peoples' lives.  It's not like I've been removed from the blog word, I just haven't been updating mine.  I hesitate when I think of blogging because I don't have projects every day.  I don't have a super recipe I came up with myself.  I just am "normal".  One outlet for my feelings would be the main theme for my blog. 

Usually I'm happy, occasionally sad, disappointed, etc., but those feelings usually only apply to empathy I'm feeling for my kids or husband.  I've decided that in order to keep me happy, here are a list of requests:

1.  If you tell my boys you are going to do something, you better do it.  Otherwise, don't bother to tell them unless you are certain you can fulfill your promise.  I understand that sometimes everything doesn't work out and they will be disappointed in life, but there will be plenty of that in the world, they don't need it from family and friends.

2.  Please be fair.  Treat them as you would want your own children to be treated!  This one seems like it should be simple, but surprisingly isn't for all people. 

3.  If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  Enough said...

4.  Remember to keep an open mind and heart for children.  I can't tell you how many boys have been mean to my boys and I really really didn't like those boys when they acted and said what they did.  Over time, however, when my boys start hanging out with this child, I have kept an open mind and welcomed them back into my home to realize they aren't the same kid who was mean a while ago.  Give the kids a chance.

I guess that is all I can think of for now.  Heck, it might even be all of it.  That's okay.  I feel better.  Just remember if I feel the need to vent, it's usually because someone has done some harm towards my boys (and by "boys", I'm including Chris) :)

I'm trying to stay positive for getting my Thanksgiving dinner planned and space/sleeping options all set for our guests.  The problem is not knowing who is coming when....  Do I rent a hotel room just so there is swimming available for the kids?  That's kind of an expensive insurance option...  I've kind of got the menu figured out and that is not what makes me nervous.  It's making sure everyone is feeling at home and has what they need while they are here, that is what really makes me nervous. 

Oh, the planning that goes with Thanksgiving AND the fact that we figured out there are bats in the attic late last week.  They are kind of noisy and the hole in the roof (well, think more of unsealed roofing area) is above Bray's bedroom so they make lots of noise when he's trying to get to sleep.  Nice...  This morning the owl woke Bray up as he slept in my sewing room.  Did you know owls eat bats?  I didn't either, but it makes sense, so I'm hoping more owls hang out by our house now!  The thought of bats in the house is terrifying to me and especially since they say that if you are sleeping when they are in the room, you have to get the rabies shots.  I do NOT want to have to do that!!  Okay, enough about that, they are yucky and I am really hoping they all leave and don't ever come back.  We never had a problem like this in MN, but the building codes are so much more lax over here that the builders get away with not sealing things up because by the time a problem arises, their warranty or whatever is over.  Today a bat guy came to seal the roof and put up a screen over the hole.  I though it was a special kind of thing, but no, it's just window screen that they tack at the top of the whole so the bats can get out, but when they try to get back in, the screen prevents their entry.  Yes, that was probably a waste of $425 because Chris sealed up any areas he questioned on the roof just this weekend.  The only thing he didn't do was the screen thing....  Maybe I'll contact that guy and make him give us the refund on the tax he over charged us!  :)

Today I took Taite to the dermatologist.  I think the dermatologist feels like I should be helping Taite apply the medicine better to his back, but he's almost 14 and doesn't need my help!  So, we just listen to the Dr. talk in a bored tone about the steps we are to be taking.  The Dr. also wasn't pleased that we took Taite off the anti-biotic he was taking because he seriously was way more emotional that he had been prior to taking the meds.  The Dr. didn't believe the mood was due to the meds, so we're giving it a shot again with strict bedtimes.  That could've been the cause of the moodiness.  Maybe next month he'll have a better report.

Tomorrow Brayton has his first basketball team.  This year Chris is not coaching and Bray has moved up in his skill level, so he is playing on the 'A' team.  He doesn't do so much playing, but he's learning and enjoying the sport still and that is what matters the most.  We all have some adjustments to make and new things to get used to, but we'll survive.  I hope he gets some playing time and does well tomorrow.  There's something extremely difficult about watching players getting seconds on the court and trying to prove to the coaches that they deserve more playing time.  I saw it on Taite's school basketball team last year when they had about 30 kids out!  When only 5 are on the court at a time, it's so painful to watch the players when the extra time is played so they get some playing time. 

There, that's all.  All caught up!  LOL!!  Take care!  Hugs ~ Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment