Monday, January 31, 2011

UGH!

Did I say out loud, er, type that I was going to be better about posting this year?  As in a New Years Resolution?  Not starting out so well. . .

I have been reading other blogs.  I cannot lie to you!  My new favorite blog is http://www.u-createcrafts.com/ and they have done all the blog stalking for you!  (That's what it's called when you check out all these blogs and you don't really know the people)  Speaking of checking out other blogs, I received an email the other day from a guy at CSN stores online.  They have multiple sites online and you can even buy your "kitchen sink" there and the email was to see if I would be interested in offering a giveaway to my readers (just think of what your chances would be!  Um all 4 of you sign up and you have a 25% chance of winning!! hehe).  In all fairness to them, I figured they'd want to know about my number of hits a day and then they'd get red-faced and take back their offer. :D 

What have you been doing lately?  Going to Basketball games, practice and driving to and from those. . .

I realized tonight that I've done a horrible job of taking pictures of Brayton at his games!!  I don't have ANY!  Oops!  Guess that's what he gets for telling me Saturday he was glad Chris was taking him to his game and I wouldn't be there.  Little did he know I was taking Bray in the car to the middle school where Chris had open gym with 4 players, was trading vehicles & kids and then after delivering the 4 boys I now had, I was headed over to the Y to cheer on Bray (despite our blow-up that morning for him not being ready after playing PS3 too long. . . )  I apologize for these pictures.  I am going to look up how to set the settings on my camera tonight because it is taking worse and worse pictures, I SWEAR!  This makes me feel sad to look at this picture.  Don't the boys look so grown up in their "professional" outfits??  That's my #40 right there.
Here Taite is taking a shot, I believe although he could be getting the rebound.  He's gotten very good and aggressive in his ball playing.

 Pay it Forward!

Today I decided to bake bread.  Since it was blustery and snowy and just all around crappy, warm, fresh bread sounded really good.  I wasnt' just making any bread, I wanted the Hawaiian Sweet Bread which makes A LOT!  So, what to do with all that bread. . . Share it!  It reminds me of when my grandma used to call us and say "I made bread today and you can have some fresh out of the oven for your supper" ~ well, sometimes, that WAS our supper!  Oh, so yummy with the butter melting and running down your fingers as you happily chewed the doughiness. . .   Who did I call you ask?  My friend Lori, who is a single mom with 4 kids.  She was thrilled!  And my in-laws I knew would also like fresh bread and they happily picked up their share and we still  had plenty left over after our supper.  I love fresh bread, but I love sharing it even better.
 When I started typing this up, the wintry wonderland outside was pretty and peaceful.  The snow looks fake like it does in the movies and I could hear the jangle of metal on metal and lots 'o giggles!  The boys decided to blow up the little Minion from our Despicable Me movie package and were dressed up for a hunt.  This is a picture of the target:
 Aaaannd, here is a picture of a mean HUNTER.  DV hat, red robe, a pillow for protection, the medals from any sport he's played and they gave medals away at and one mean shooting yellow ball popping gun!  Oh and one guard dog.
Again, I apologize for the picture quality.  I am looking right now for a solution to the setting problem I'm having!


5 comments:

  1. maybe it is time for a new camera???No seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I know ~ I just can't bring myself to spend the money AND be intimidated by the object of my obsession :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread was delish!! You can share anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh , and I want a Minion! Not to blow up thought!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you like your Minion with a side of crabby! That's the only way we have them here. . . :D

    ReplyDelete