Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day! (that makes two that we have to add to the end of the school year, if you're counting)

HELLO!!!
Am I on a roll or what?!  Two posts, two days in a row!  I am on fire this week. . . LOL
SNOW DAY
I get emails from the How Does She blog and today I was looking for inspiration.  Since the windchill outside was like 40 below, I was all ready to decorate inside for Valentine's Day (and maybe make a wreath or something festive for our front door, outside, because right now it's still just an empty book).  I found some really cute ideas and came across a site that showed using Valentine towels (they happened to get them last year for $.25 after Valentine's Day) for pillows that sat on their children's beds for notes to be put inside as to "Why I Love You. . ." ~ I would totally insert the blog posting here, if I could find it again (just pretend you've seen it and were oooh-ing and aahhhh-ing over it like I was).  I went out into our garage to find my Valentine's stuff.  On the right side of the shelf (Easter/Spring): 
On the left side of the shelf (Halloween): 
 The gap in the middle where the Valentine's tote should be, except this is when I remember I never really did have many decorations for Valentines and now I really don't have any.
 I even checked here to see if there was a tote mixed in with the Christmas stuff, but there wasn't.
 At last, I remembered that I might have V towels in my towel drawer in the kitchen!  I went searching and sure enough, in the very bottom with the Halloween towels were two Valentine towels.  But. . . I didn't really want to cut those up because they were all I had, so I was back to finding a project to do with the things that I had.
 I made muffins!  Haha ~ bet you didn't see that coming :D  I bought the ingredients for these Lemon Poppy seed Muffins last week and I finally baked them.  I hate them, but everyone else seems to like them, so I guess that is good.  Did I mention that I even grated the lemon peel for these?  Still ~ yuck.
 A week ago last Friday I felt like cleaning.  My boss was generous enough to let me stay home and clean as long as I kept checking my emails.  On thing I came across while cleaning was this picture leaning up against Chris' stool on his side of the bed, on the floor.  It's a poem that Chris' mom's cousin wrote in her memory after she passed away.  This has moved with Chris in college, from our trailer house to our new house in Byron and now to our new house here.  It wasn't fair to have it propped up on the floor when an idea struck me!  This rocking chair sits in our bedroom and no one sits on it.  A lot of blogs use ribbon to hang things ~ pictures, a hand made wreath, just about anything.  As I was getting the picture situated on the chair so it looks just right, I remembered the blanket Chris' mom made for him when she was sick.  The blues matched perfectly and it finishes up the whole look of the tribute to Chris' mom, Denise.  He was very pleased to see this when he came home.
 I was not destined to make anything Valentine-y, so I moved onto other projects.  This particular one has been waiting for years and even given up on a time or two!  I have 2 pairs of Cuddle Dud pants that have a waist so high, it would double as a chest protector.  So, I used my good fitting pair of pants to measure where the waist should be ~ yep, it's WAYYYY too high!
 I even took one of my headbands that I wore, but wasn't really happy about (the headband was way too wide and the elastic in the back/bottom was too wide as well) so today I split them into two!  Now they are perfect-o!
 Today I changed some settings on my camera and I swore I had fixed it so my pictures would turn out better ~ that didn't happen!  Here are a couple shots from Taite's game tonight.   
 This is Taite's friend, Tayler (the clear person in the picture) and the only reason I know who it is is because he wears the black shoes and his brother wears white ~ thank goodness for that! :~)


No comments:

Post a Comment