Did I share with you the post about the frame for all year round? It was painted black with the glass taken out and the cardboard covered in burlap? If you need a refresher check this out: http://todaysfabulousfinds.blogspot.com/2011/01/frame-for-every-season.html
Have I also mentioned that the 5th grade class is doing a Live History Museum (or named something similar). Anyway, each student has to choose a figure who was significant in our country's history and they have to write a 2 minute speech, do a report, and dress like them to deliver their speech. Well, today's search started and ended for the outfit that Taite will need for his project. He showed me a picture of who he'd selected and, lucky me, there was only the same picture shown of the guy wearing . . . a 3 piece suit. NO PROBLEM! Finding a men's (because I'm sure someone would know if it was a women's and the teasing would commence) 3 piece suit for a 5'2" person ~ without spending a bunch of money ~ would be a piece of cake! HA! So, as to not panic, I began searching at the closest Goodwill today. I found that most of the suits were in the XXL size on the rack. . . I did however find these:
What the hey, you ask? Well, for $1 I found my frame (take out the pastel pink and blue hearts) and my burlap (re-purposing a used burlap sack ~ I know! ~ what are the chances??) and a roll of striped wallpaper. The first two are obvious as to why I picked them up, but the last? Well, here is my intention for that. Each fall when school starts, Taite has a book or two or so that he needs to have a cover for and those cloth/stretchy ones you can get in the store don't cut it. The best thing I know? Wallpaper! Chris rolled his eyes this last fall when I dug it out, but I tell you what, that book will look as good as it did to start the year!! AND to find a tan/white stripe is like finding GOLD!Okay, today I came across a blog (I know, I'm addicted to blog-stalking) for Valentine's and I LOVE it! Check them out here: http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2010/01/were-crazy-for-you-valentines.html It's actually an old post, but that's the great thing about blogs and the Internet ~ it's new to me and we can use it for this year's Valentines! (not that I send one out every year, but when I find something too good to pass up, well, can you blame me??) This is not the picture we used for our Valentine, but it gives you a little sneak peek at what they will turn out like (I had the camera turned the wrong way to use this one ~ funny note: notice Brayton's fingers are UP his nose ~ LOL)
Here are Taite's new glasses! Doesn't he look great??
Okay, so I still didn't share with you how I'm done searching for a 3 piece suit when I didn't find one at Goodwill. Well, a few years ago when my grandpa died, my grandma gave Chris one of his suits. It's probably the only 3 piece suit that Chris will ever own and he still had it! The vest fits okay, the sleeves on the coat will need to be "shortened" and the pants will too, but I definitely will not "fix" them permanently AND I didn't have to spend any money for this project!! Yeah for hanging onto some things!!
This news, however, doesn't mean that my night has been completely perfect because, although, I was able to get the picture ready to print for the Valentines (SO exciting :D) my cheap can of spray paint from Walmart has ruined my day again. Apparently, when you only spend $1 on a can of spray paint, you can't expect much from it! I tried to paint my frame, but I'll have to wipe that off and get a better kind of paint to further my year round frame. Don't worry! I'm not giving up, just post-poned a little, tiny bit!


No comments:
Post a Comment