We have been busy, busy, busy and with this warmer weather we've been having, it's a different busy (no more basketball practices and games) as the boys have spent a lot of time at the park which is a hot spot in our neighborhood and only about 3-4 blocks away (one of the "blocks" is rather long so that's why it's an estimation) :D The boys comment every day how much they LOVE living in a neighborhood like this ~ friends nearby and a park all accessible by walking or biking.
About a month ago, we (the boys and I) were given the opportunity to tag along on a business trip for the truck stop business side of our lives. We flew down to Florida on Friday morning and came back Monday. The boys didn't have school on that Monday, so they only missed one day of classes. The conference that Tom, Jane & Chris had to go to was held at a Disney resort ~ the Coronado. The boys and I had a tough time of laying around by the pool while the others were stuck inside at the conference ~ I know, I can feel your sympathy for us. On Saturday night, we went to Epcot as our Disney park of choice. We even talked Chris into riding on some rides (he was a little green afterwards).
On Sunday night, the conference had a farewell party at the Disney park ~ Hollywood Studios! They had a great meal, face painting and some rides.
Taite chose an alligator. . .
Brayton was the Joker. . . (he really wants to be this for Halloween, but he has ZERO faith that I could duplicate this look in October)
I realize this one is very similar to the picture above it, but look at Taite's expression!!! LOL ~ I have no idea where that came from!!
One morning a few weeks ago, we woke up to the sound of sirens ~ you may not have experienced this before, but vaguely you register that the sound gets louder before it shuts off completely, while in your groggy state of sleep. It was a house far enough away that it wasn't a direct threat to our house, but close enough that when you went out on the deck, you could hear it burning. . . Turns out you should not smoke cigars in your garage unless you completely extinguish it before going to bed!
In between basketball practices and games, Chris has still managed to complete more of the basement. He is getting very good at building soffits. This is at the bottom of the steps looking towards the movie room.
This one is above where the bar will be. We decided to run the dropped down in the ceiling the whole length of the room even though what needed to be framed in was shorter, it will just look nicer. The 3 can lights you can see in here will be above the bar area/cabinets.
This is another look at the bar area. You may also note that our pile of lumber has dwindled considerably since we first started this project. Taite's class had a large project called the Living Museum. Each student had to choose someone from history and create a presentation on this person. Their speeches would be given to whomever wanted to hear them during the 45 minute period that their class was giving speeches in the gym. Taite chose Nigel Gresley ~ I know, no one has heard of him before, but Taite chose the man who created the fastest steam train ever. I would like to give a tip to other parents who might find themselves in this situation: let them choose someone who would interest them. Of course since Nigel built and worked with trains most of his life was extremely interesting to Taite and I didn't have to harp on him once to get his work done. In fact, since I was in charge of his "costume" (shortening one of Great-Grandpa Bolles' suits) he had to keep on me to get that done. It was amazing to see how many of the kids had actual features that made them look similar to the person they had chose (same face shape, etc.). I learned a lot that day from each person I listened to!
I tried to upload the video of his speech, but there was an error again. I need go get that one figured out!
I tried to upload the video of his speech, but there was an error again. I need go get that one figured out!
Taite & Tayler's brother, Jordan.
Jordan on the left and Tayler on the right (he told me Martin Luther King Jr. didn't smile. . .)
So, Lori couldn't make it to the Living Museum day. I was going to do a video of each of her boys for her, but didn't realize that Jordan's class was in the gym BEFORE Taite & Tayler's class, so I missed it!!! UGH, he was kind enough to put his costume on at their house and did his speech for me there (Lori was shocked he humored me and did this ~ the whole time he was worried that Taite & Tayler were eating his Funyons. . .) :D Oh, Jordan was the guy who carved Mt. Rushmore, but I can't remember his name. . . so sorry Jordan!!
Tayler talked Taite into joining Choir for 3rd Quarter. I didn't know they could join in the middle of the year, but apparently when you are hard up for kids, you'll do whatever works! This is a picture of the boys after their concert. It was very good and only about 1/2 hour long. Our boys had the same "theme" going on because these are the clothes that are in stores for Easter :~)
When the twins were getting dressed up for the concert, their little brother decided he needed to find a nice shirt to go to the concert! Afterwards, when everyone was taking pictures, Daiton felt left out, so he and Taite had a little photo session :~)

No comments:
Post a Comment