http://dakotavalley.k12.sd.us/ms/content/5th-6th-choir-concert
Click on the "click here" to view the 5th and 6th grade choir concert performed on March 10, 2011.
(Taite is on the left 2nd down from the top and 2nd in from the left)
It will bring up a video and if you want to watch all of that, that's okay. I prefer to skip to the part that Taite is in and more importantly the cute song they sang. So, to do that, move the place on the video to the 12 minute mark and you will get to hear "Peace on Earth and Lots of Little Crickets". I really like the tune and think it's a neat song, but it's even better when you know all the words (the only thing you will miss from my video of this song is the giggling going on when it talked about getting the lonely cricket a girlfriend and then his room is full of baby crickets which he shared with everyone, including his enemies). I hope you have a happy, peaceful weekend!! (I suggest you put the video on and then still be able to read the words while the video is playing)
One night a cricket crept in my room
so I ran to my mother and said make him go away,
she said that crickets bring us good luck
so I let him stay and fed him night and day.
Later on my cricket looked so sad
and he said "I'm getting lonely to no end,
so I ran out into the field
and I brought him back a sweet cricket girlfriend.
Before too long my whole room was filled
with baby crickets all chirping their "do-re-mi's"
I gave all my friends a baby cricket for luck
and I even gave them to my enemies.
Then all the people in the neighborhood
let the lucky little crickets be their guide,
new friends were made and bitterness forgotten
and the happiness and crickets multiplied.
Then my mother said let's buy some little boxes
and fill them with crickets and send them on their way
to people here and there and everywhere
and bring all the world a happy brand new day.
There were little crickets chirping far and wide
and I winked and I smiled and I laughed with my mother,
all the people were so happy go lucky
they forgot how to hate each other...
And there was Peace on Earth, and joy everywhere
there was Peace on Earth and hearts filled with gladness,
Oh yes, there was Peace on Earth
..and lots of little crickets!

No comments:
Post a Comment