Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nothing, really

I must tell you one of my many blessings is my son, Taite.  Yes, both my kids are great and so is my husband, but this particular story is about Taite (the others will have their moments too). . .

As he was supposed to be getting ready for bed last night, Taite came to ask me when the Tooth Fairy was coming to get his tooth that's under his pillow.  I'm bad, really bad. . . he knows, so I quit giving the effort.  Why, you ask?  I'm not sure.  The pressure is too great, the tooth grosses me out, it's Chris' thing, I don't know (I seem to have an abundance of excuses, however).  So, in good Tooth Fairy form, I tell him he can search out my purse and grab a dollar.  I need to back up a little at this point ~ Taite typically gives Chris and I a hug and "I love you" before he heads to bed to tuck himself in (another thing I will regret when I get older, I know).  Last night at this point, he had given me one "hug" (I was on my computer so it was more of a lean and wrap one arm around his back, kind of hug) shortly to be followed by another pathetic hug as he's searching for my purse.  I was pretty sure I had left it in the van, but he finally told me,
"MOM, I don't want a dollar!  I want one good hug from you!"  So with thoughts of my computer and non-necessary stuff on it, I gave Taite a very warm and strong hug for about a minute (well, it was probably more like 30 seconds because a minute is longer than you think, especially when you are waiting for a minute so you can finish brushing your teeth).  It felt great, it was exactly what I needed, I am humbled that my 11 year old had to be up-front enough to say "I NEED A HUG".  Thank you, Lord, for my family!!!

Supper time around here is difficult.  Difficult because Chris is trying to figure out what is affecting his stomach so poorly and he's wondering if now it's wheat ~ sheesh, have you ever tried to cut that out of a diet??  Wheat in addition to dairy makes it nearly impossible to make a meal.  So tonight we had cheesey chicken with broccoli & rice ~ Chris?  He had chicken with rice and some onion powder and parsley.  It tasted like chicken noodle soup and no "soup".  He wonders why he always feels hungry. . . um, because he ends up eating not much of anything.  Poor guy!  The boys and I enjoyed dinner, so we'll keep working on Chris. This is with cheese. . .
 Without cheese. . .
 The boys are having trouble understanding that our weather isn't still 55 degrees outside.  Last night and tonight they were outside playing football.  Brayton without a coat, no less!


 Poooorrrr Brayton!  Taite just FLUNG him to the ground!  LOL
 This is the newest addition to our house.  For those of you who figured, like we did, that Cable & Dish are alike, you are sooooo wrong!!!  Since we are finishing our basement we have to pull any cable that we might ever want in the future of this planet (who knows, could only be 8 months) in the house now!  So, we switched to Direct TV and are LOVING IT!!! 
 Today we got the new directory and guess what???  We are in it!!!  Not only is our home info in it. . .
 NI Midstar is listed in the business section!  hehe
PARTY!!!
For those of you who love to shop, I am having a Jewel Kade party!  I love the necklaces in this line because they aren't the normal kind of jewelry parties you typically see.  With this line, you select a necklace or 4 and add whatever (or change) the charms as you wish.  The charms are hand made and soldered!  My description is doing no good, so go check out their website:  http://www.jewelkade.com/ and let me know if you can't live without something and I'll add it to my party!

No comments:

Post a Comment