Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Has it really been that long?

During one of our many trips to the box stores, Brayton wanted to play with the camera on my phone.






 Was it really only a week ago??
We had two 90 degree days in a row!  Brayton did have a shortened football practice on Monday night, which was the more humid day, but Taite's was cancelled due to the heat and the boys did this instead.  They were outside from when they got home until they had to get ready for bed.


 They were so wet, they got to eat supper outside. . .
 Which was interrupted by some arachnid control. . .   (I'm not sure why Taite was wearing socks the whole time they had the water fight, but at least they were black ~ the spot on the deck is from his wet feet)
Spider's dead?  Okay, we'll continue eating!

 The Help Around Here
 I know you've all read the joke about the mom who doesn't do anything all day and her house is a disaster.  Well, I've been thinking of expanding on that one. . .   I'd like to go on a cruise for a week!  In fact, some of the blogs I read are getting together for a cruise in October ~ hmmmmm.

Last week Taite helped with the dishes.  Looks good here:
 Two things wrong in this picture.  The green bottle?  That's what he used for dish soap because he couldn't find the correct stuff (it was under a plastic bag tossed under the sink) and those two glasses?  They weren't there when he was washing dishes (the one with the spoon is from dessert after supper).
 Example of wiping things down when the TV is on which completely wipes out Taite's ability to "PAY ATTENTION".  We are having many discussions about paying attention especially since he wants to be able to drive at 14 (I think that is WAY too young and should be changed).
 PAY ATTENTION. . . I asked Taite 3 times to put the napkins in the pantry.  Had he done that, he'd have seen the plate he missed when doing the dishes.  ***sigh***
 I keep thinking that maybe it's just Taite's age.  He'll hopefully change his ways, but what "age" is that??  Here is the blister pack from used up meds that Chris left laying on the counter.  It's about 3 steps to the garbage. . . ***sigh***  :~)
 Last weekend my mom, sister and her 2 kids came over to watch the boys' football games.  It was SOOOO cold!!  We can't hardly get our boys to wear long sleeves when it's cold and I didn't even think to put two long sleeved shirts on Bray and long socks.  He was shivering the whole 2 (yes 2) games that morning!



 Taite's team was supposed to have 2 games too, but the other team didn't have enough players to play 2 games and the coaches said it was cold (um, it had warmed up probably 15-20 degrees from the morning games Bray played).  We were kind of bummed that they didn't play the 2nd game especially after more kids showed up for the other team and I heard one boy apologizing to the coach saying "I lost track of time" hehe  Taite is the center (he's holding the ball)
 He was cold too and Chris had to have a battle with him and demand he put a shirt on before he get out of the car at the field!  Taite was so mad at Chris that Chris was hoping he would play better by taking that aggression out on the other players, but that didn't happen.
 Notice the dad and how bundled up he is (Chris) but I got yelled at for trying to warm up my little player in the morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment