Sunday, May 8, 2011

Just a quick random update

I must confess that sometimes I think of updating our blog and get overwhelmed.  I think it has to be creative, wordy and a piece of art.  Well. . . sometimes I'm just not all that!  (side note ~ I apolgize for the "downness" of my last posting) :)  This one will just be things I've been meaning to share with you in no particular order with little blurps of "stuff"

One night I came across our Scattegories (Scattergories?) game.  The boys had never played it, but were willing to humor me since it used to be one of my favorites!  I beat the pants off of them.
Bray had the hardest time and that surprised me because he's normally so creative, but I think he was trying to think too much. 
 I'd say smiling kids is result enough for me to drag out a game.  :~)


 Basement is coming along.  In fact, these pictures are now "old".  The paper on the floor taped around the edge of the room was in case we were going to stain the concrete for flooring.  We are now not going to do that, so a small waste of money :~)  The boys and my hubby are happy to be getting carpet, we'll be tiling in front of the door, around the bar and in the bathroom.  This is after all the priming was done.  We now have doors hung and trim around those doors, but no baseboard yet.  Maybe Sunday (yipee for Mother's Day LOL). 
 My sewing room and closet ~ I was going to take a picture of our kitchen table and state something about NEEDING my sewing room because I have like 3 projects going right now and they are all spread out on our kitchen table in their unfinished states. 
 The nice thing about having white trim is the caulking and covering up of gaps and such.  It really makes it look seamless and perfect!  LOL
 Our under the steps closet and movie room (the step for the "back row" seating really looks small at this angle.
 The inside of our movie room.  The cutouts on the bottom will be covered with mesh covered black doors (the subwoofer sits in one of the holes) and the hole and outlet above the bumped out part will be covered with the movie screen.  We are painting the room a dark chocolate brown ~ EVERYTHING.  Ceiling and walls, same color.
 Looking at the spare bedroom on the left, mini-closet in the middle, bathroom next to that and utility room on the right.
 Spare bedroom.  The sheetrock makes the right side of this picture look like it's been torn or "treated" with a photo editing software ~ kinda cool!
 "The Bar". . .  can't see it?  That's okay!  :)
 EASTER!
The Easter Bunny found our house and I have a video of the treasure hunt, but it took SOOO long that I can't upload it here.
 I'll let you figure out who's stash of goodies is who's.

 Chris was running plays with the boys in the backyard one night.  I love that he'll take some time out from working (at work and on house projects) to spend time with them!  Also outdated picture ~ out lawn is much more greener now . . . FINALLY!!


 DV has a big deal with Track & Field day.  Chris and I did not expect the multitude of cars lined up down the street of parents and grandparents who were there to watch the kids!  We stayed for an hour and only got to see Bray do the football toss and then we had to get back to work (er, blogging too).  hehe

1 hour was long enough for me as some of Bray's friends are not who I would choose and didn't make the best impression on me with their behavior (ex: people were sitting in the bleachers and these boys went under the bleachers and were "poking" the people)

Taite
He saw me waxing my eyebrows one night and was mortified.  Wanted to make sure that guys didn't have to do that!  I said they don't normally, but one time Chris had and regretted it because the stylist took too much off his eyebrows and he looked funny.  When I was done, I too, had had a "oh crap" moment and of course Taite noticed.  He verified that I did not mean to take that much of my eyebrows off ~ nope, I hadn't!!  LOL

He is also on a health kick.  He's been getting up early and sometimes will run a mile on the treadmill before school and sometimes he does it after school, but is watching his food intake so maybe this fall, he can run the football. 

Speaking of football, they had their first two games of the season last Saturday and were back to back AND there were many boys gone at a baseball tournament.  The good:  Taite got a lot of playing time; The bad: they were playing for 2 hours against mostly 6th graders who had all of their players so by the end of the 2nd game, whoever wasn't injured still didn't want to run the ball because of the hits they had taken!

Taite was thrilled the other day that he got Tayler to clean out his desk and mailbox at school!  Taite said both were a disaster, but he threw most of the papers away.  This surprised me that Taite would notice the mailbox being so full since he doesn't seem to notice multiple article of clothing that he has to WALK OVER in his room, bathroom and sometimes the hallway!

Brayton
Bray is struggling to stay "with it" at school.  For AR, he is supposed to read so many books and for those who were behind, they had to forego their recess until they got to a certain point in achieving their goal.  Well, he started getting to go to recess again and then he was "done" except he hadn't reached his goal yet. . . Ironically, he's the one who used to LOVE to read and I'd struggle to get Taite to read.  Now they seemed to switch roles.

He made me laugh the other day.  He said that I HAD to go to the PTO meeting Thursday night or there wasn't going to be a PTO anymore and that was BAD.  I asked him how he knew (we had received an email about it) and he told me they sent home a slip about it.  We looked in his backpack, but there was no slip.  Good thing he has a good memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment