Sometimes during the day, I have random thoughts and I think "I should put that on the blog ~ it's good blogging material." Then I don't and most of those perfect blog posts go out the window (or my ear or wherever your thoughts escape to). The only thing that somewhat rescues some of the things I want to share with you is my camera. Usually, if I took a picture of it I probably wanted to share it with you. One good thing about this method of remembering is that I don't share with you all the frustrating moments I have with 2 boys who only listen to 1/2 of what you say. . .
Anyway, as I was saying, when I loaded my memory card onto my computer, I was shocked to see the pictures of Chris getting Taite in his suit and tie for his final choir concert at school. He had to have a suit because the theme of the concert was movie theme songs and they wanted everyone to look like they'd stepped off the red carpet. Yea. . . I went on a quest to find a suit and lucked out! I got him a suit AND shoes to wear for under $10 at used stores (Goodwill and Salvation Army). His blue shirt from the Living Museum presentation still fit him and we grabbed a tie out of Chris' stash. He looked so handsome and there were plenty of others who did not have suits, so I needn't have killed myself trying to find one. Oh well.
I forgot to get a picture of him with his suit jacket on!
A few weeks ago, Brayton caught a punt or kick-off, I don't know the difference. In this league, they could catch it or just touch it to "down" the kick/punt, whatever. Well, Bray happened to be on the return team and when he caught the ball I didn't even know it was him! I was talking to another mom at the time and assumed the play ended as soon as the ball was caught because the other team had guys there almost immediately. While I was chatting away, I happened to notice how the pile of players was still moving so whoever caught the ball really wanted to gain yardage ~ it was BRAY!!! hehe Here's a picture I happened to snap of him catching the ball!
After the play, they were headed back to the sidelines with Bray getting a lot of "Great Job"s and congratulations! He was in heaven.
Yesterday Taite and I were able to get away a little bit for some indulgence on my part. We hit some garage sales and a Vets donation place (think Goodwill, but benefits local veterans). Here are a couple of my favorite finds! I still don't know how good my drink will taste out of these, but I intend to find out really soon!
At the Vet benefit place, they always have really good glass stuff. I am drawing a blank on what bloggers call them when using them to decorate, but this is a sample. I LOVED the color and it will go well in my sewing room with the colors I am using.
This is the only problem. . . . I think I'll make a little vinyl cutout and will cover it up, but I don't know what to say on the cover-up sign yet. Suggestions? I don't know what I'm going to put into it yet either. The other clear glass, smaller versions of this that I got are now holding my buttons which are sorted by colors. I can't WAIT to get them displayed on a shelf in my sewing room! I am going to not post anymore pictures of the basement until we can have a final reveal type of pictures :) Even then I probably won't be able to wait until we have all the furniture and decorations done, but that comes with time.
These are some of the things going in my sewing room. I'm using the colors from the piece of fabric for my accents ~ covering the seat of my desk chair with that fabric and am going to make a lamp shade cover to match, a thread/scrap catcher bag, etc. It will look so darn cute when I'm done that I can't wait!!!
I'll end with a funny story. One garage sale Taite and I hit had a bunch of shorts and pants that would fit Brayton PLUS she said anything we could fit in the bag was $1 (I just remembered the reason we were able to go garage saling on Saturday morning was because Bray had a cold and didn't want to go to his football games he felt so lousy ~ so, Taite and I took off while Chris worked on trim in the basement ~ hehe). Anywho, I grabbed about 4 pairs of shorts and there was one pair of wind pants I added to my bag. After washing the pants, I was folding them and trying to figure out what in the heck was in the leg. . . One pocket will a hole in it will let these things slip through which must be kind of important to an 8/9 year old. . .
One domino
One chunk of pink eraser
One very small, well used pencil
. . . . I wonder if he was using these all together and if he was, what for?????
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment