Thursday, October 13, 2011

I could have pictures. . . . but I don't!

I could list a bunch of reasons why, but it boils down to this ~ I have a crappy camera.  I'm waiting (with my sis) for Black Friday so we can get the camera of our dreams (read:  the one we can afford and learn on without wasting money) at a kick-ass price.  Well, we don't actually know it will be a deal of a lifetime, but we are willing to hope!

I would've LOVED to have pictures of Bray playing football with his broken wrist (micro-hairline fracture in his radius) all wrapped up so he could play for our family and friends who came to his last game, but I can't.  My camera doesn't zoom that far to take a decent picture.

I would've LOVED to have shown you pictures of Taite all dressed up tonight for his fall choir concert, but I can't.

I could've even shown you pictures of my latest project ~ I installed a tip out tray thingy on the false front by my kitchen sink, but I won't.  Well, I could, but it would've just been with my cell phone and let's be honest, those aren't even close to the quality a camera with a LENS that you can adjust would take :D

So, I'll just have to fill you in on our lives without the pictures.  If you text me I could probably draw you up something and email it to you LOL!!!

Here it is:

Chris:
He's happy that football season is over (at least Bray's is so he is done coaching) but is disappointed in how the season went.  They didn't have any wins and this is important to Chris because he was the offensive coach.  The problem?  Bray's team could've won the award for being the smallest in the league they played in.  Some of those kids were as big as Chris!  AND, the bigger kids on his team, didn't really want to be out there ~ makes a HUGE difference!

Me:
Working, shopping, lunches, etc.  Chris has been gone all this week and it's our slow time, so on Tuesday I had lunch with a friend and we had pedi's afterwards!  Good times!!  My sewing/craft/office room is coming along. Still not as organized as I would like it to be, but it will be.  Someday.  It may sound strange, but I'm ready for colder weather.  It's been too warm for soups and fresh bread for supper and I don't have any excuses to hang out in my Mom Cove.  Oh and watching movies seems rediculous when it's gorgeous outside!  :~)

Taite:
His football team is undefeated!  (I, personally, would've liked to have had it evened out ~ Bray's team win a few and Taite's team lose a game ~ hehe)  This weekend is the "official" end of the season and they have a tournament about an hour south of here.  Taite plays center and does an awesome job.  His coach said he was nervous to start the season, but said Taite has come a long way.  And more recently, Taite has gotten to carry the ball!  He's very excited about that and the coach said he better be ready to carry it this weekend in the tournament!

Brayton:
Bray's season ended on a down note. . . The Sunday before his last game, he fell while rollerblading (both he and Taite have corrected me ~ they were NOT playing rollerblade football when he fell. . they were done with that and were just rollerblading.  uh, okay).  Bray was determined to play the last game because our neighbors Joan & Barry were going, and Tanner & Keaton's family PLUS Grandma, Grandpa & Steph were going to be there.  Chris didn't want to have Bray on the sidelines either, so he used an arm pad (used by FB players), a wrist guard, the splint from the Dr's office (they did say NO FOOTBALL, but what do they know???), and a lot of that stretchy skin-colored stuff (I'm drawing a blank here) to protect his wrist while he played.  It went well, except Chris had it so wrapped up that the split was cutting into Brayton's thumb.  It worked out okay though as Bray played the first 1/2 and asked to have his stuff taken off and didn't hurt his wrist any more.

I feel like I should update you on our friends too, but know you don't care about them LOL  Tanner & Keaton's grandma (Joan) keeps telling them they should just move in at our house ~ fine with me!  The 4 boys are truly a dream when they get toghether & play.  I have to make sure the brother's aren't hurting each other, but today I told them the two big boys can beat up on each other (Taite & Tanner) and I know that won't happen, so I'm not worried!  Haha!  The only downside is that T&K live at Wynstone (about 10 miles away) and then on certain days & weekends they have to go to their dads.  The boys get very upset if they don't have their "time with Tanner & Keaton"!  It's so funny!  This weekend is when they have to go to their dad's so Taite has already made plans to hang out with another friend after school and I just made plans for Bray because I KNOW what will be his first words when he gets home tomorrow "Can I invite Smith over?"  I already did the inviting tonight :~)  He'll be so surprised ~ or he'll ask for a totally different friend to have over, but I don't think so.

I was thinking the other day about how Tanner & Bray are alike.  Last Saturday night there was a street dance fundraiser.  There were a bunch of boys there and they were playing football together.  I happened to be walking by one time when Brayton had the ball and I know he had it because I could hear Tanner calling to him to pass him the ball.  Of course he didn't pass Tanner the ball, but then I heard Tanner yell "HEY!  You can't tackle him!"  Because Bray wears a splint on his wrist Tanner was afraid that other kid was going to tackle Bray and hurt him.  To talk to Tanner, he is very calm and cool, but he's very caring, just not to everyone.  Taite has always been my "heart on his sleeve" boy and Bray loves just as deeply, but reserves it for those who are most close to him.  I still am amazed everyday how two kids with the same parents can be so different.  I love them dearly!!!

Tonight after the concert we had to go to Mc Donald's because it's kind of a long story, but Bray didn't eat supper.  We shared a lot of laughs and "inside" jokes and just had a great time and all we did was go through a drive-through.  I enjoyed it and think the boys don't think anything of it, but I hope they do.  Brayton was reminded tonight of a previous time we'd go through the drive-through and he'd gotten the "girl" toy.  He said "we didn't even stop at the talking thing, just drove around and went right to the window for the boy toy".  I thought it was interesting that he remembered all the details to something so small as that, but it just goes to say that everything matters!

My new favorite quote:

‎"The true measure of a person is how they treat someone who can do them absolutely no good." -Ann Landers

Everyone matters

No comments:

Post a Comment