Sunday, October 23, 2011

To play or not to play. . .

This morning at breakfast, Chris decided to remind the boys why they should wear a mouth guard while playing basketball.

C:  You need to wear a mouth guard because (I don't remember the kid's name, but it was someone Chris played BB with when he was younger) was hit in the face and got his bottom lip stuck on his top braces.  There was blood everywhere.
T:  There was?!
C: Yes, your mouth has a lot of vessels in it.  Lots and lots of blood.  So if you wear a mouthpiece that wouldn't happen to you.
L:  Bray, you wouldn't have to wear the whole mouthpiece, we could cut yours in 1/2 since you only have a few braces on the top teeth.

{Brayton is now openly crying}

L:  Bray, what is wrong?!
B:  I don't want to play basketball anymore.  Do I have to play?!
T:  Great story dad. 

(this is where I remember Rusty from National Lampoon's Vacation)  LOL!!

1 comment:

  1. LMAO! I can totally picture this in my head.

    ReplyDelete