So today I sent in the mail my dad's birthday card. When was it, you ask? September 23rd. Yes, I'm that late! I was able to send some pictures of the boys, though (school & football) so that might make up for the tardiness. Still am working on sending my grandma her birthday card and her birthday was the end of October (at least I don't discriminate!)
Basketball has started! This last weekend the 4th grade 'A' team was lacking some players so Brayton was asked to play with them. This was a good experience for him even if he didn't get to play a ton. He did get some rebounds and a steal or two.
Tonight was practice for both teams/boys/Chris :~) and on Thursday they both have a game! The first one of the season. Coach (Chris) is worried as he hates to not be able to find the "magic" that makes the boys tick and play their hardest :~) (and win)
Yesterday we went to church. This wouldn't normally be a notable thing except that since we've moved, we still haven't found "the church". We tried one Lutheran one a few times and Chris really liked it, but none of the music/service was familiar to me. I hated not knowing the tunes of the songs & verses. Plus, they had very little windows in the length of the church which did not help me to stay awake! It was really bad one Sunday and I had to fight to keep my eyes open. This is the same church that Brayton spent time during the service to count the pieces of stained glass in multiple windows.
Yesterday we went to a church that smelled like my Grandma's house (Chris' words ~ I think it was due to the age of the building LOL) and the hymnal was exactly what I grew up with. The people were very friendly and we received many warm welcomes. When we left, we got in the van and Chris and Bray said the music was too loud. REALLY ?! That's what you have to say? Oh well, Taite and I really liked the church despite the loudness of the organ (the adult choir sang too and they were very good for only having 11 people!)
Next Sunday we might try that same church again, or there is another Lutheran church near Shopko that we'll try. After church yesterday, we grabbed a couple of doughnuts and had "fellowship" at our new table. Discussing what we liked and disliked about church #2. We also toyed with visiting the Presbyterian church (this is what Chris was raised in), but after some Googling of that religion we came to a unanimous decision that we would not be visiting that church. That's what I like about us and our family. We get to have discussions and talk about what we think (we also include a few laughs too which helps tremendously). We are blessed.
This brings me to another situation we are dealing with. . .
The Japanese company that Chris and I work for wants Chris to go to Brazil. This in itself is kind of scary. Brazil ~ not really know for safe tourist/foreign travel. The boys are concerned that Chris will have to go, but for me it goes deeper. For a while now, we have wanted to get out of this business to the point that we are not at their beck & call. Basically, I would do the paperwork they need done here, but no more Chris playing tour guide when they are in Chicago or New York. No more trips to foreign countries because they want to "research" something (haven't they heard of Google??). Just no more! It is different from a boss saying "this is your job, please fulfill it" because it's always changing and seems Chris gets the "crap jobs" that they don't want to deal with due to their aversions to conflict. When we started our company we had an idea of the "job description" and they've been adding to it over the years and right now I feel like we are trapped. I don't want Chris to go to Brazil either, but I have to look strong as Brayton is very upset by this and I simply cannot add to it. I don't want them to manipulate us anymore. You see that's how they get this stuff done (the Koreans Chris had to drive around the Chicago area a month or so ago even commented on it) they are masters at getting you to do what you don't want to do! Chris fears that if we don't work with the Japanese that I will have to get a job with real hours and I've had flexible hours for so long that I won't know how to act. He had the same concerns when we let our employee go years ago ~ he didn't think I could handle being in the office enough to get the work done, but I proved him wrong.
We are in such a good place that I don't want to travel unless it's for pleasure. I don't want him to get sick (yes, this last trip was over a month ago, I believe, and he's just now gotten over the illness) after taking trips, I don't want him to miss out on his morning basketball games (something he has longed for since we've been married, seriously!) and I just don't want to miss him! I want him home and in the USA. . .
;~)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment