Chris slept in until 7:15 ~ he isn't sure if he has a pulled muscle in his chest or if he's got a cracked rib.
Taite got up on time, but he went to bed an hour early and stayed home from school ~ he had chest congestion and a cough.
I dealt with all of it and then got depressed. Sometimes things just bother me. It's usually not even something that was done to me that is upsetting. It's worse when the injustice was done to someone I love. I don't have PMS, not pregnant, no reason, just was upset so I'm blaming it on Monday.
I just needed to get to Chris and he would help me through this. He always talks me out of this upset state I was in. The problem. . .I didn't want to put my make-up on for fear of ruining it with tears. So stupid. There will always be kids who get credit at school for projects they didn't do. I shouldn't let it ruin my day.
I couldn't find a stupid outfit to wear. No long sleeve shirt to match what I wanted to wear. Dang it! I eventually found something that would work and allowed me to wear my new necklace so that improved things a little bit.
I eventually was able to leave the house. I had some time to myself talking myself out of this funk. My fear is that something will happen to Chris ~ he talks about it often based on his mom's death at such a young age ~ and I will have to pull myself up and head out the door. Things went well until we went to get Taite's homework at school and I got mad at Chris.
It was stupid, really, but it was just another thing to add to my day. I was very mad and embarrassed because it was so stupid. Ever had one of those days? I know, I could walk across the parking lot instead of Chris parking in a yellow zone immediately outside the office, but I didn't want to so I got mad. I am much better now, but I just hate these kind of days! I'm not normally like this! I miss my friend, Monica. That's what kind of day I had.
She's the friend who I can complain to without feeling stupid because she has worse issues than I do.
She's the friend I can complain to who won't judge me.
I feel like we are still new here and I don't want to be "that" friend who complains all the time or has a situation to gripe about, so I try to remind myself to keep crap to myself and share it with Chris who always says "We don't care", but sometimes I do care, damn it! :~) Hehe
This last weekend we enjoyed our newly acquired dining room table! We've been using a card table for about a month plus. . . it sucked! I finally found the table we've been wanting and the price was right. Already we've shared many laughs at the table and it brings a smile to my face just remembering! Those are what I need to remember and hold in my memory and not dwell on the "other" things that consume my brain sometimes. I should've taken a picture to help me on down moments! Next time.At this table, Brayton complained about the skin behind his front teeth hurting him. Strange, you might think, until you look at the pictures of his teeth (gaps) and then compared them to how they look now! It's amazing!
If he weren't at basketball practice right now, I would try to re-take the "after" picture, but I think you can kind of see the difference (remember you can click on the picture to make it larger!)
In the spirit of the start of basketball season (the season where we have the most fun with tournaments and such~ all the parents are so much fun!) I made a new accessory ~ a ring! It's made out of rick-rack and was so easy! I was inspired by this posting: http://thecraftingchicks.com/2011/03/rick-rack-rosettes.html
I think theirs turned out much better :~)
Better sign off and I hope you have a fabulous rest of the week (the boys have a short week due to Veteran's Day) ~ yahoo!




Cool table but I wanted to just say that I like your new profile picture. ~Stephanie
ReplyDelete