Sunday, December 18, 2011

I hope you are ready and have a cup of coffee

I've been terrible.  It's easier to just post a quick note on FB sometimes and to neglect a true sit-down (not in protest, but in the form of actually typing a blog post!).

So, here are all of the things that I've taken pictures of with the intent of sharing them with you (WARNING:  these are in no particular order, but I will try to sort them out for you by giving the details:

Taite is now 12!  One way we celebrated, we went to Pasta night with Tom & Jane. . .



 Here are the presents he got to open before he even went to school.
 My friend, Shari, had a Tastefully Simple party and I ordered Chicken Tortilla soup mix.  I decided to have a taste test (unofficial, of course) to see if the "good stuff" was worth the money or if the bag from Walmart was just as good.  Since this was held a couple weeks ago, I don't recall which soup this one was, but they look yummy :~)
 Here are the two we tried (I know these pictures are out of order, but I don't feel like trying to fix that)
 The samples waiting to be tasted. . .
 Taster #1 seemed to have forgotten his utensils!
 The taste table. . .
 The end decision?  The stuff from Walmart was better.  Yes, you are welcome and you can send your donations to:  646 Fawn Hollow. . . hehe

Campfires
Last summer when we had chaos at our house, the boys spent a few weeks with my parents (they are already planning next summer, so be prepared!) and those days ALWAYS involve campfires and fire oil, but that's another story :)  Here is a genuine s'more/marshmallow face

 There are even free rides sometimes :) (pants ~ optional)

 Annnddd, here we are dressed again
 One day I looked back and Bray had decided to wear all the hats he found in the van
 Testing out our new camera.  Isn't he cute???
 
 Our Christmas tree, decorated exclusively by the boys (well, Chris helped them to even out the string of beads)
 A couple of weeks ago after we'd had a little snow, we stopped at a yellow light.  Chris stopped because there were some kids messing around on the sidewalk next to the street and he didn't want to hit one. . . well, the driver who hit us was also watching the kids on the sidewalk.  The van goes in tomorrow to be fixed and I can't wait!  I miss the sensors that tell me if I'm close to anything (both in front & back, plus all 4 corners).
 One day Brayton created this "thing" out of some stuff around the house and that included some garbage.  He wanted to take a pictures so he could send it to Grandpa Curt. . . not sure if there is some meaning behind that as in my dad makes things out of junk or what :~)
 After we got the few inches of snow, the boys played outside for HOURS!  Brayton was up at 7 that morning and started to shovel the driveway.  After Chris and Taite joined in to help, it still took a couple of hours.  After that, they went back outside to play.  This is Brayton's fort which came in handy when they were having a snowball fight across the driveway.
 Here is the snowman.  I'm not sure why Bray didn't roll any balls for him, so he looked kind of funny, but he was definitely a snowman!
 Just the dog.
 Still trying out the camera.
 Have you seen those things that they spell out words with pictures of ordinary things (usually it's a family's last name)?  When ours is all done, I'll show you, but this is going to be the 'I' for our last name.  I need to turn it to black and white and crop it, but I'm so excited to create something so personal and it will have more meaning for our family!
 Basketball
Our lives seem consumed by it, but we love it (well, most of us do ~ with Chris being the coach, he has some frustrations at times).  This was before Taite's game and Bray was being a basket for Daiton to practice shooting hoops.  There was someone on the sidelines stealing their ball (a parent from our team) :~)


 Bray's game & team in the middle of a hard fought battle that they lost in the end.

 A shot of Taite's bench at one game.

That is all I have for pictures of things.  Like I said, BB keeps us very busy, but the boys LOVE it and are doing really well.  Our biggest battle with Bray is making sure he gets his sleep.  He's still one that needs plenty of sleep!

This year for Christmas, I am having a terrible time coming up with things for Taite.  Today, I asked him to make a list.  Not surprising, he has train pieces and a train set on it.  That's it.  NOT what I was hoping for.  I instantly was frustrated to see the 3, yes, only 3, items on his list so I didn't take the time to read what he wrote (he humored me and actually typed out a list).  Oh, that reminds me, I don't have to tell you what he wrote, you can read it for yourself.  I present Taite's Christmas List:

Taite’s Christmas List for Santa Clause

                Dear Santa,







                For Christmas I would like:   Pau Gasol Jersey






    Lionel Train Set Union Pacific Freight Express 

 If I got this train set, it would help me get started on my model railroad that I would like to build.
                                                Illinois Central O27 Flat Car w/Bulkheads & Pipes  
                
                                                                Union Pacific Covered Hopper  

These are the only things that I want this Christmas. I want the Pau Gasol Jersey because he is my favorite player on the Lakers. I also only want the Lionel train items because I have wanted to start my own railroad and these things would be the first step to my dream. Please get my family something nice for them because they have helped me grow and they have loved me since my heart had started to pound.                                  
                                                                                                MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Talk about making me cry!  I felt terrible because I'd already explained to him why we would NOT be buying anymore train stuff!  He is simply out of space for this stuff, obsession or not.  Well, I suppose, I've done enough damage here.  Tomorrow night is Bray's Christmas program at school and I will be able to take decent pictures of him at it with my new camera!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment