Monday, March 26, 2012

Random ramblings

Tomorrow is surgery day.  Taite has to check in at 9 am.  My friend, Talli, has already reminded her husband that he is to take care of Taite when he is put under (Jeremy, her hubby, is the anesthesiologist) and if Chris is lucky he won't need Jeremy's services too.  He's lucky today is his birthday ~ he's kind of got Taite worried about his recovery and if you know my husband at all, you know exactly what I am talking about!

Bray is trying baseball this year and has been sooooo excited to see what team he's on and how many of his friends are on his team!  Tonight we got the call ~ he's on a new team and the coach had no idea what kids were in 4th grade and what kids were in 3rd grade on the team (they go strictly by age ~ in fact, we had to provide a copy of his birth certificate!  YES, you read correctly!)

We are looking at trading in the van.  Soooo exciting!  We are going to get the same, an Odyssey, but a new one.  It has blind spot sensors on it!  Some days, I really, really need those :~)  Yes, they still look like a hearse, but we decided that will luggage rails, it looks much sportier?  Just less like a hearse!

My mom and Josey are coming tomorrow to help with Taite's recovery.  This will do two things.  Josey will get to see Taite and I will have some time to still go to the office and get some things done during his recovery.  He realized today that he had misunderstood his time away from school.  You see the plan is to be out the 7 recommended days + 2 extra which will bring us to spring break = 2 full weeks from school for recovery.  Taite mistakenly thought that spring break = 2 weeks so he thought he was getting 4 (yes FOUR) full weeks away from school.  Sometimes the kid is very, very smart and then others, he just doesn't use his head.  LOL!!  P.S.  he qualified to take pre-algebra next year and is very excited about that!

Well, it finally happened to me.  I ordered something off the internet and it's not happenin'.  Thankfully it was through Amazon so they have a claim that I filed, but we'll see where it leads.  Also, I'm glad it was only a $16 item.  :~(

Bray gets his braces off on Thursday.  He's hoping to get a picture of himself with the Globetrotters because we are going to them on Friday (Taite will not be able to go. . . but he's ready to be done with being this sick, so he's okay with it)

I had my eyes checked last Friday and the Dr asked if I'd considered Lasik.  Well, yes, I have, but was told I wasn't a candidate.  He said the fact that I can wear contacts all day long would show that my eyes are not too dry to have corrective surgery (that was the excuse I was given).

Okay, so I had the BEST idea for a gift for Chris that was inexpensive, but such a good idea that I would be a nominee for WOTY (wife of the year)!!!  So, a few weeks ago our new insurance rep came by to have us sign some papers to make things official and he brought these really good donuts.  We'd been searching for a good bakery here because after having lived in somewhat close proximity to Bloedows in Winona, we KNEW what good was!  Well, these donuts were excellent, SO, I figured that when Chris was at old man basketball this morning (he plays Mon, Wed & Fri) I would run & get donuts for him and the guys who were playing!  Perfect, right??  It would be a special treat & event, so that's why they would have to eat at least one.  The problem?  Or should I say problemS? 
1.  Jitters, the coffee shop/bakery isn't open on Mondays WHAT?!! 
2.  They don't open until 7 am  WHA WHAT?!  What bakery doesn't open at 6???
I thought about buying Casey's donuts for today, but figured Chris wouldn't want to "waste" the calories on lesser quality and I was right.  He said I made a good choice to not have gotten Casey's.

And now for the random photos!  Hehe.  You may have seen some of these, but I'm guessing since I've not been very good about posting that you haven't.
Ahhh, here he is, don't you love that smile??  It's 37 years old today!
A little hang time and I'm almost positive they are watching basketball...
You can never be too safe when playing downstairs.  Button up hat ~ check!
 
Mouth guard ~ check!
Pillows, blankets and anything soft to catch you ~ check, check, check!
 



I believe the Santa hat was on in the beginning, but it kept falling off during the .... landing? rolling?   
And, you just might need to be practicing this move.... 
 These pictures are from December 28th.  For real.  Remember, we had really nice weather??  The boys took full advantage of that!
Bray worked all season on his shot.  He can now hit 3's regularly!





No comments:

Post a Comment