Monday, November 22, 2010

I have a confession. . .

I'm not Catholic, so I'll give my confession, to you, my blogger friends.  I would rather blog-stalk than update my own blog.  My husband hates it, but I am obsessed!  I love the ideas, creativity and motivation other bloggers give me!  Where my husband could easily print reams of paper with coaching tips, plays and practices; I could use the same amount of paper printing ideas, tips and projects for decorating our home or making projects for people!  He's learned to pretend he's interested at least :D

Since my last posting, I've been able to get some retail therapy in. You see, the thing with having an "off" day and a husband who travels for work is that when you say you need to go shopping, you don't get any arguments! Just a sympathy look and a kiss goodbye.  This is one thing I was thrilled to find at a consignment shop!  It's a UpperCase Living and it was only $4!!!  I see after trying to get it ready to put on the wall, why it might have been at the consignment shop ~ I had to "help" almost each of the little letters to stick to the transfer piece (if you've done this before, you know what I'm talking about, if not, sorry!).  I loved the price, loved the saying AND I didn't have to bug Monica for it!  Yea!! :P



 Last weekend we went to a craft show.  We wandered around and then found this perfect little stand that sold great wood products!  I bought the "clearanced" shelf in the corner and the tree picture hanging above the couch (please don't pay attention to the lamp on the stand with no shade ~ I found the lamp at a "flea" market and loved the shape, but still don't have a lamp shade for it, but don't worry!  I found an idea on a blog today and know exactly what my lampshade will look like!!)  The tree picture, I'm sure you've seen before and the saying, I thought, would go perfectly in our sitting room, since already, a lot of reading gets done in there.  I'll tell you later the complete saying (so perfect to remember when living your life and helping little ones learn the right way to live their lives too!)
 OH, on Saturday, we had a busy day!  In the morning, the boys had BB camps at the high school, then in the afternoon, Taite's 2nd BB team was in a tournament and that night the boys were going to go to a puppet show with G&G and Chris and I had our first Gourmet Club dinner.  It dawned on me that morning, how under pressure I would be to make our Chilled Curry Carrot Soup and Brown Irish Soda Bread.  Then to top it off, as I was getting ready, Chris called (he took Taite to the school with the tournament early) that I would need to be there earlier than the first game (I think it was coach gitters since he's the only coach and is learning at 5th grade, they don't want to listen so well. . . )!  I was hurrying to get ready because I had like 15-20 minutes to dry my hair, get dressed and put my make-up on ~ not necessarily in that order.  As I was drying my hair, in the mirror, it looked like I had a squashed lady bug in my hair (had NO idea where that would've come from) but as I was trying to get the "bug" out, my hair fell out!!!!  It was actually a place where I had melted my hair!  I have NEVER had something like that happen before and it really freaked me out!!  But, I had to get to the tournament, so I combed out that section to get all the yuck out and finished styling my hair.  Here is portion of my loss. . .
 This is how Chris and the boys get the most use out of our basement.  Practicing.

 These little gems arrived last Friday and took the total 6 weeks to get here!  They are ooohhh so comfy and were worth the wait.  Chris was disappointed that they don't have swivel chairs, but we couldn't get them in this color of wood at this price (well, it was actually lower without the swivel).  We had priced gliders at another furniture store and they were at about 3 times what these chairs and ottoman cost us!  Yes, I will take that price difference ANY day!!  And for the price we paid, we still got to choose the fabric!  I love Love LOVES these!!
 What to do with a sick little boy. . .

Yesterday night (hehe ~ someone, maybe Steph or Jeremy used to call it that) Bray came down with a fever.  I didn't even have to wait 25 minutes for the stupid thermometer to tell me he had one.  His eyes were all glassy and he looked dazed (I'm guessing it was a high one).  He went to be early, woke up early and stayed home to recover.  Last night we snuggled in my new glider and read Shel Silverstein poems and today he felt much better.  So, we rearranged his room!  He mentioned yesterday that he thought it would work better to put his bed in the corner and then he'd have more room in his room.  Well, the original plan would've covered up the heat/ac vent so we modified our plan and he LOVES it!  He has a whole corner to play in and after Taite got home from school today, they sat in Bray's room and just hung out.  After he watched me put up the "words" in our bedroom tonight, he wanted to know if I could get him one for his wall that says "Football Rocks" ~ um, no.  :~)  Well, unless. . . I got a Silhouette SD for Christmas and then I might have to try to make him something for his wall (I'm dropping that hint to Chris every chance I get LOL)

 After a day of re-arranging and cleaning (got rid of a paper bag worth of junk out of Bray's room and he was thrilled that in his cleaning he found his Mp3 player and camera ~ lol) his nose was really stuffy, so I put him in the tub with the menthol bubble stuff.  With one ship, a shark and a lion, he was game for playing in the water a little bit.

 This is a common site at random places throughout our house. . .  Today Bray asked if he could get a garbage to sit by the couch so his pile of kleenexes weren't laying on the table.  * * * so sweet * * *
 These are the purses I made for little girls (I have a couple designated already).  I was going to send one to Josey since I hear she likes to carry one of Steph's around, but then I found out she LOVES pink and these just don't have enough pink, so I'll make another one :D
So, here is the saying from the picture in our sitting room with the tree:

Living Life


Life is not a race ~ but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say “thank you”, “I love you”, and “great job” to someone each day. Go to church, take time for prayer. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Love your life and what you’ve been given, it is not accidental ~ search for your purpose and do it as best you can. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to be. Laugh often. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Do not worry, less wrinkles are more becoming. Forgive, it frees the soul. Take time for yourself ~ plan for longevity. Recognize the special people you’ve been blessed to know. Live for today, enjoy the moment.

Bonnie L. Mohr

1 comment:

  1. I could totally make him one! I have great fb stuff!! I tried that transfer tape too. It was awful. I went back to the old stuff.

    ReplyDelete