Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just random stuff

Brayton brought home this pumpkin from school.  First off, I had tried to find his on the wall of the classroom when I was there for a reading time last week.  I couldn't pick it out by the handwriting and I couldn't see his name written on it, so I had to ask him if he wrote all the words himself.  Yes, he had.  The thing that stuck out at me about this project is that the words were very descriptive even though there weren't very many.  I'm sure that in his mind, he had a whole story in his head that went along with all these descriptive words.  That's just the way he rolls. . . . :D
 At the consignment shop where I apparently don't sell anything unless Jane buys it (hehe) I dropped off more stuff and then had to do a little shopping last Saturday before the USD game.  I found this wreath and I think it looks absolutely perfect on our front door.  The best part?  It only cost like $6!!  The one I like at Hobby Lobby was $75 and that was after the 1/2 off discount!!
 Before the tournament that Taite was in, Chris and I finally broke down and bought the stadium seats!  They cost the same amount as the plain ones at Scheels, so of course we had to support the PTO.  They said someone gives them a super deal on them so they can compete with Scheels ~ yeah for that someone!
 This simple ball has kept our boys and the neighbor kids busy for hours these last few nights!  Last night I finally called the boys into the house at 6:45 so they could eat supper.  It was so nice outside and the kids were all playing so nicely together that I couldn't break it up. 
 Remember my cute, black hole purse?  Well, right after I got it, the magnet started pulling out of the fabric because it wasn't put in properly.  The store took it back with no problems, but I was on the lookout for a replacement.  The complaint I have about purses (that aren't sewn by me) is that most of them are SO HEAVY!  Before you even get anything in them, they weigh about 5 pounds it seems like!  I was THRILLED to find this purse at KMart for the same amount of money as my broken one AND it had built in organizers!!!  I am in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment