Friday, April 15, 2011

Facebook problems? No, not really.

I have a confession.  I don't always check Facebook and when I do, I'm not really interested in the drama in others' lives or their latest complaint or whine ~ I am looking for updated blog postings on the crafty websites I "Like".  Chris asked me the other day if he should be concerned about me being on FB all the time (he reads all of those articles about problems FB can cause).  It may cause problems for us, but definitely not how he is thinking.  I have no old boyfriends or past situations I am yearning for ~ it's all the redone furniture or homemade and finished furniture I desire!  Here are some of the recent finds from my blog-stalking:

http://www.theidearoom.net/2011/04/diy-spring-paper-flowers.html 
She actually took a chunk of grass out of her garden to put in the cute pink pail before she put in her flowers!
After a day of rain and snow, this makes me happy!!!

Infarrantly Creative is having a giveaway of one of these:
http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2011/04/the-original-scrapbox-sewing-box-giveaway.html
00_SewingBox
This is actually a sewing room in a box!  Yep, the little box on the left is what this sewing display will fold up to ~ unfortunately, Chris suggested I did not need a big sewing room if I got one of these.  NOT what I was thinking at all!! :~)

I have been admiring this display for some time now.  You see, she shows how to change the decorations for each season and I'm drooling every time I see it with new pieces!  http://todaysfabulousfinds.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-egg-hunt-vignette.html

I dream of one day coming up with stuff like this so effortlessly.  You have to check out her ability to make numerous items with paint sticks.  Yes, you did read that correctly ~ paint sticks!!  In fact, that wooden box in this picture that looks antique and dark wood ~ really just cut up paint sticks!!!  Wow ~ the talent!!

These are just a few of the sites I have to check out.  There you have it, my love affair with these women and their skills!  Their decorations, humor and sometimes recipes.  I love it all!  In fact, I have a stash of stuff in the garage just waiting for the basement to be done so I can paint some new wooden pieces (heirloom white or a black????) and create some of my one decorative "scenes".

2 comments:

  1. You need to start doing Pinterest!!! You can pin these to a virtual board so you can find them again all in one place. It is such a better time sucker than Facebook! Find my board and follow me so I can find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need an invite and don't know how to find you ~ what's your username?

    ReplyDelete