Thursday, April 14, 2011

No pictures, just Chicken Chit Chat ~ LMAO!!!

Okay, so tonight I am just "winging" the post.  I don't have any pictures to share (there will be others later), but I feel the "need" to share with you!  So, I'm just going to "chat" but when we were growing up, we had a game called Chicken Chit Chat (I really hope that my mom didn't sell this at a garage sale because it would almost be an antique ~ they now have 'Flip the Flop' and other games similar to 'Chicken Chit Chat').  It really is irrelevant how you play, the title to this blog just made me laugh, so I'm sharing it and there!

Onto my Chit Chat. . .

Today I came home from work and I was slightly behind the boys so they were already home.  I had decided to set up shop in our "sitting room" (think formal dining room space in a house for people who are not "formal dining room people") and as I am relishing in my comfy glider, Brayton comes in to share with me that he asked Grandma if she would like to go to Pasta Night. WHAT??!!  The other day Brayton had mentioned going to Pasta Night at the Dunes Club house and I tried to explain to him that we don't have a membership and the only time we can go is if we are with Grandma & Grandpa. . .  Long story short, Bray had tried to get ahold of Jane to ask her if she wanted to go to Pasta Night, but she wasn't answering her phone, so he called Grandpa who is in western South Dakota on business.  Bray basically told Grandpa that Grandma wasn't answering her phone and he wanted to go to Pasta Night!!!  UGH!!!  Anyway, the boys and I went to Pasta Night with Jane (Tom was out of town and Chris is trying a gluten free diet for his digestive system) and we all had fun!  :)  hehe

Brayton's iPod Touch needs a case and he's blaming me for not having one because I don't take the time to search with him and find one.  I looked online for one to buy and I've looked for one to make (sewing pattern), but still I have nothing.  Let me know if you had ideas.  I told Bray I would find something for him while he is in bed and the best so far (I think) is a material that is similar to jelly sandals (remember? they were big in the 80's and made a small comeback a couple years ago) that material is now made into a case for iPods.  I should dislike it for other reasons, but you don't really want to hear about my unfortunate event while walking beans as a kid ~ it's got a lot of blood, fainting (not of who you would think) and later, scarring of the foot. . .

Just last night I was at Taite's football practice and I was able to check out some friends' remodeling project.  It's not going well, but in our discussion of the "end result", Shari mentioned she wants to get rid of their kitchen table, which I was just thinking how much I LOVED it!!!  I told her to NOT post it on CL until she had contacted me about it first!!  How much is this table my style??? 


Taite is already a teenager and I have no idea how to parent now.  I'm not enjoying the sassy confidence.  So that usually means he is mad at me and I'm doing a lot of complaining and I hate it.  Last night he went to bed and wasn't talking to me out of frustration and anger.  I am proud to say that this morning he did give me a real hug and was even joking around with me.  Otherwise, my first reaction is to buy him something and I know that is NOT a good idea, nor the kind of parent I want to be.  We'll muddle through this and hopefully he won't give up completely on me.

Our basement project is coming along.  This week the mudders are here.  The problem we have is that we had the heat off so the furnace wouldn't suck up any sheetrock dust, but the mud isn't drying without the heat on!  Oops!  Last night Chris turned the heat on in the basement only and found out (remember we have all the basement sheetrocked now. . .) the HVAC guys didn't do the zones correctly (they were the first sub in the order of things to come and get their work done) and the heat was blowing out downstairs and in Taite's room!  Of course it would be in his room because he's the one who is always hot and who refuses to wear more than a t-shirt and shorts to school even on a day like today when it's 45 and rainy and windy.  The guy is coming from the HVAC company today to fix the problem, but I don't think he's prepared for how the basement looks now (he was last here when the walls weren't even framed in).  Oh well, he'll have to figure it out.  It seems like we are close to the end until we think about all the decisions and stuff that has to be done yet:  paint colors, cabinets ordered, flooring decided, blah, blah, blah so, with that I'd better get some things done and checked off my to-do list!  Ta-ta!!

 

1 comment:

  1. I know people would love to hear about how you chopped your foot while wearing Jellies! LMAO :)

    ReplyDelete