Sunday, December 6, 2009

We've survived!

Birthday celebrations. . .
Surgery. . .
Visit from FIL . . . (just kidding!!)

Chris is recovering. It's not be a piece of cake by any means and even today at times he still feels icky, but he's getting there. On Friday morning he had his first follow up appt and they removed his stints. He was very nervous and I told him he should've watched the video on Youtube of a kid getting his stints removed, but he didn't. And it wasn't that bad. On Wednesday afternoon Grandpa Ken came and surprised us. He wanted to come and have birthday cake with Taite, so he did! I love it and it was a pleasant surprise for all of us! Sometimes it's nice to have another adult who helps Chris remain calm about things. :~)

For Taite's birthday, we've had ice cream pie, chocolate cake and fruit pizza. The pie we had on Monday so Chris could enjoy it. Grandpa brought the chocolate cake and I made fruit pizza for Taite's sleepover with his friends. Since we didn't have a family party with Taite being so old, Taite got more gifts from us (in theory, anyway). From us, he received a digital camera and a Transformers Wii game. The game is "awesome" and I've used the camera more than Taite has because it is still laying in the kitchen where he opened it. Taite had 2 friends over Friday night and to make it "special" I rented Hotel for Dogs and MarioKart. The boys played laser tag. . . Brayton did get sick of laser tag so he watched the movie at least! I had no idea that the batteries in the laser tag would last so long! They literally played for hours!!

I am finally feeling like I can take a short breather. I have the Christmas cards done and ready to add stamps and Taite has all of his thank yous done! I did get a shower gift done for Carmen's shower today and Ken delivered it for me so that worked out perfectly! I still don't have all of our Christmas decorations out, but that's okay. The only thing we are really going to be in need of is the stockings and I'm thinking I'll make some new ones ~ more "country" looking ones. I might even try to embroider the boys' names on there. . . Which reminds me, I'll look for a pattern for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment