Christmas morning we invited my mom and dad over since we live so close, they don't have anything to do and we just take our time opening Santa presents and then eatting breakfast (usually an egg bake or something). Well, this year, the boys didn't take their time opening presents and here's the 2 minute video showing them opening everything at once. LOL
This is the first year that Taite knew. I was a little concerned that he might not hide it well from his brother, but he didn't show any signs that he knew the gifts weren't from Santa. And ~ he thanked me later for the gifts that they received. It is still so fun to have someone who is such a believer in magic. . . Brayton sprinkled his Reindeer Food on the snow and wondered later if any of them actually ate it ~ that just melts my heart! The boys have barely put down their DS's since yesterday morning.
Today I started cleaning up the boxes and wrapping paper from the living room downstairs and it turned into a little more. . . I moved the sectional and tried it back against the wall downstairs, then we move a little here and there ~ next thing we decided that a couch, love seat and chair would work better downstairs. SO, we moved everything from downstairs, up and everything from upstairs, down. I didn't take any pictures of the sectional upstairs because I didn't have it cleaned up after the boys watched a movie tonight and didn't feel like it. Here are the pictures of the "redone" downstairs. It feels soooo cozy now! We all love it! Chris was a little nervous after the hour plus of moving heavy furniture that I would decide I didn't like it and would want it back the way it was! If that were the case, I would've lived with it because when we were all done, we were glad we didn't have the painting done yet!
Here is a video of the boys sledding after our first winter storm. They begged and begged Chris to make them a snow pile at the top of the hill out back. They start from the top of the snow and sled down. It has since been modified in that Chris was enjoying playing the snow with his tractor! He enlarged the snow pile, made a couple of "forts" to hide behind for snowball fights and plowed a path back up the hill so when the boys have to walk back up, they won't fall through the snow and can just walk on the grass. Good thing we don't have any decent grass out back!

No comments:
Post a Comment