Here is picture of the stone I picked out with paint samples on the left corner (these are some, out of 4 colors, that I had been debating about so I think it's a sign!) next to the fireplace. The stone looks very colorful until they put the grout or whatever they call it when working with stone is on. Then it lightens it way up so that's why I'm going with more color. We are also thinking about painting the fireplace to cover up the brass color. We'll get a couple new handles and it will look totally different. Oh, did I mention that they are going to create an arch above the TV opening to resemble the arch on the doors of the fireplace??? Can you stand the wait??
The hearth that Chris put in (the tile) will be replaced by one piece of stone and it will match the mantle.
Take one last look ~ this will no longer be. . . (nope, I won't miss it either! hehe)
Yesterday when we went to town to get stone samples, we had to get some things at Office Max and I was thrilled that the camera I was eyeing up to replace the one he broke at the Vikings game was still on sale AND we had the bag from last Sat's paper so we got another 15% off!!! Yeah! Chris said he wouldn't have replaced the camera, but it was really my fault it was in his coat. He didn't want to put it in his pocket and I insisted, so you can see my point, right?? Anyway, I got the camera a couple steps up from the one he had before (I got the prev. on clearance so there are none to be found in stores) and it was only $13 more (2 MP higher than the old one!). Not bad, I don't think!
I suppose, I'd better get going ~ before my battery dies on here.
Quick note ~ school bus is going good. The bullies are back on and only yesterday did the "lesser" bully stare at the boys and try to trip Taite as he got off the bus, but Taite didn't even know the "more" bully was on the bus after school so that was good!
Tonight Brayton was working on a review sheet for a math test he has tomorrow and he was concerned that he wouldn't do well on the double digit addition so I printed him off some practice sheets and he's now a pro ~ what did we ever do without the Internet???

I can't wait to see it. I got your card...you are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait to see it either ~ right now we are content to envision it! I'm all ready to start taking things off the wall for the painter and he doesn't even have us scheduled yet - hehe
ReplyDelete