Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Jan 13

I bet you've been waiting ALL day for this. . .

Here's the update: There is good news and bad news.
The good news, the guy (yep, only one) doing our fireplace is very meticulous in his work, which leads us to the bad news ~ he won't be done until Monday and not Friday like originally planned. Chris and I are both happy with having it done right rather than quickly. To make room for the 1/2 a wall he built and so he could lay down plastic and floor covering, we had to take apart the sectional. This is only temporary that we only have 2 dining chairs to use, so that's okay.


Wide open spaces. . .

Here is what the kitchen looks like without the border. It looks really pinky/peachy which I hate now but when the border was up, it looked okay.

He's here. . .

This is a result of today's work. He has framed in with mostly metal studs, built an arch and recessed where the TV will go. He was also kind enough to leave a gap that he will work around so Chris doesn't have to move the outlets, phone line and cable things for the TV (the spot where the black cable is in the back). He even put in a little shelf so our Dish receiver will fit in the opening. Tomorrow I think he puts up mesh stuff and maybe some kind of pre-stone stuff (not sure what it's called, but like mud kind of stuff). Friday he'll put the stone up, the hearth in and the mantle up. Monday is grout AND the painter comes!!! Yea!! We weren't rejected ~ he called tonight AND his bid is even lower than the first guys bid we got! Plus this guy comes recommended! We can't wait, now I need to figure out what type of paint we want ~ no VOC, low VOC or what the painter normally chooses. I'm not sure how many days he'll be working, but he did say it will definitely take 2 coats of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment