This is going on CL for $75 (for $5 more, they can have all the decorations in the picture too)
Last night after a day of laundry and finishing things up in the living room, we had a picture perfect supper so I just had to snap one! This is the best Chicken Pot Pie recipe and if you've never used the Pillsbury pie crust, it is SOOO worth it because I HATE trying to roll out pie crust and this is the flakiest and tastiest ever! I even served it to my dad once (he's the king of HATING boxed foods) and he didn't know it until I told him!
BEFORE~
AFTER ~
It totally feels like a different house! You can't tell in the picture, but Chris added some things (I'm not sure what) to the fireplace fan that allows it to run without so much noise! Before if we had the fireplace on and tried to have a conversation, we had to talk louder and we've always hated it! Especially after we put the fireplace in downstairs and it has an adjustable fan motor. Last night after supper, the boys went right to the couch in here and we watched TV together, something we've never done before! It just wasn't a place to invite you in to sit and relax, but now it does! We know it's not perfect, but at this point, we can't change the height of the fireplace nor the height of the TV. For the most part if we are watching the TV, we aren't sitting on the couch and if we do, we are laid out on the couch (like last night there was a comedian on who is hilarious!) :~)
BEFORE ~
Chris wasn't thrilled about replacing the ceiling fan, but it seriously needed to be updated with the rest of the room! Besides that, Chris has the fan on in our bedroom almost every night so, 9 years x 365 nights - a few nights and that fan has a lot of hours on it, so the one that we took down will be our bedroom replacement.
Chris wasn't thrilled about replacing the ceiling fan, but it seriously needed to be updated with the rest of the room! Besides that, Chris has the fan on in our bedroom almost every night so, 9 years x 365 nights - a few nights and that fan has a lot of hours on it, so the one that we took down will be our bedroom replacement.
So, our room is done, but not finished ~ that will take time, to get the pictures just so and such. First, the picture that I LOVE and we had hanging in the living room before doesn't match now. I had a picture in our closet for a long time, but it's just like a poster now (wrapped in plastic with a piece of cardboard on the back), no mat or frame and last time I checked, it was about $100 to get that done. Chris asked me if I want to go to TJ Maxx and Menards later ~ I was skeptical because he NEVER asks me if I want to go shopping! He really wants to finish these rooms up! We'll get a picture and such (oh and he's finishing up the new handrail for the stairs today ~ oh, so pretty!!), but I need to get with Monica so I can get something for the big bare wall in the dining room and that will take some time! I used to have a picture hanging on that wall but every time we had people over and put the leaves in the table, the picture would get in the way, so words on the wall would be perfect!! Anyway, I'll quit boring you. . .
GO VIKINGS!!! Oh, speaking of the Vikes, Chris is disappointed that the game is so late because he can't sleep after they lose and then lays in bed considering all of the "what-ifs". Some fan he is!! :~)
Okay, a little about the kids:
Taite was sick on Wednesday night, snow day on Thursday and he still didn't feel 100% on Friday, so he had a really short week! On Friday, his teacher sent an email that she (she was out all week with a cold) or rather her classroom and student teacher had 10 out of 29 students gone on Friday. She was especially upset that one parent knew their kid had complained about not feeling well before going to school, but sent them anyway. Well, I have to say that if we let Taite stay home every time he mentioned it, he'd be home about once a week with no real ailments, so I can completely understand both side of this one!
Brayton is still med free!!!!!! YAHOO! He was coughing the other night and Chris and I both groan and think "great, that didn't last long" but this time his nose was just stuffy and it was draining that he was dealing with and after that he was fine (we love nose spray!)

No comments:
Post a Comment