Thursday, January 21, 2010

One paint job done and one sick kid

The painters finished up yesterday around 2:30 ~ that gave me approx. 1 hour to clean before the boys got home. The floors were covered in dust from spackle. On the stairwell, where I had painted to a line, they couldn't sand off the line to paint over it seamlessly ~ Chris used the power sander and both guys who were here tried sanding it smooth as well. Why is it that no one would recommend paint from Menards, but if you use it and need to get rid of it, say along a line, it WON'T come off??? The painting looks fabulous and we love the color. It makes the fireplace look even better because the paint goes so well with it! We hung the TV last night, but I can't find any type of mantle scarf that I like. Chris thinks the mantle is too high from the fireplace, so I showed him that if I have something draped over the mantle, it will look more proportionate. Now, to find that "something" (the piece I used for demonstrating was too short and more of a table runner is why I can't use that). Oh well, I'll keep looking. While we were putting the living room back in order (the furniture was all piled up again and most things moved out of the painting area), Taite was downstairs and didn't make it to the bathroom. He leaned over the side of the couch and threw up on the carpet and couch. It's so hard to remain un-upset as you are trying to pick up the puke without rubbing it into the carpet. . . So, today he is missing school, but with the weather the way it is, I'm thinking the 2 hour late start will turn into a cancellation which will mean they'll reschedule the music program scheduled for tonight and Taite won't really miss anything! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment