Brayton definitely has a creative bug lately. Yesterday he invited his brother to join him and it was really neat how quiet they were as they worked away at the kitchen table creating Pokemon figures out of pipe cleaners (I must say I was speechless at their creativeness and how good they were! I even recognized some of the more popular figurines they created!). Tonight, however, when we were pressed for time, making a speedy supper, running late getting ready for Taite's last EMS music program, all the "awww" factor was gone. Brayton was whining and crying because what he was working on tonight had gone downhill and I didn't have the time to help him. Never mind make supper AND clean off the huge mess on the whole table! All-in-all, we arrived in time at the school for the music program. It's a good thing the show wasn't post-poned another week because the teacher may not have made it as she looks due any day to have her baby :~) As usual, it was excellent and when we got home I told Brayton to get ready for bed quickly because it was already 40 minutes past his bedtime ~ when he informed me (get this) he couldn't get ready for bed because he had homework!!!!! Needless to say, he'll be tired tomorrow which is just great because they have a big 50 word spelling test (a review of some of the words they've had so far in the year).
This morning Brayton had his first of five ortho appointments. When he came out after x-rays, pictures and impressions, he had the look on his face that said "I'm teetering on the edge of tears". I asked him what was wrong, but of course there were other kids in the waiting area, so he maintained his composure. When we were walking to the van, I continued to ask him and he just said the stuff (impression material ~ think very thick dry mashed potatoes at the back of your mouth/throat with a lot of gagging ~ yep, I still remember this crap after all these years. . . which reminds me, I STILL HATE the smell when I walk into that office * * *I'm gagging as I type* * *) tasted bad. I wasn't buying that one either, so when I asked if he was scared, he admitted he was, but when I wanted to talk to him about it, we were in the school and some of his classmates came by and started talking to him, which got his mind off of things and started the school day off well. I feel so badly for him and his fear of the unknown, but also for the pain he is going to have to endure. I haven't had this exact procedure, but I have gone through a few of these same steps and the spacers aren't real fun either, but they will be a piece of cake, I think, compared to the actual stretching and turning of "the key". Please pray for us that we will have the strength and patience to do this. . . We are not looking forward to inflicting pain on our baby.
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment