Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lots of pictures (and an update on today)

Real quick ~ These are a couple of pictures I got from Brayton's camera from last week when Chris was "helping" the boys with their music.

Chris and his trumpet:

Taite giving me a hug (yep, he still does that quite often. . . **sigh**)

Today went just okay for Chris. He didn't really like his nurse because she was dabbing at his nose as if he'd just had foot surgery, not nose surgery. One time she took the gauze off his nose, took off the tape and put the same piece of bloody gauze BACK on his nose. . . I should've said, "Here, I have a pad in my purse I can cut up so he can at least have something clean back on his nose!" We dropped the boys (and Taite's cupcakes for his birthday) off at school this morning, went straight to the hospital, I ran errands and when I was all done, waited for Chris and by the time we got home, the boys were already home from school. They were very shocked to see Chris with a blood soaked gauze taped to his nose and kept asking me if Chris was going to be okay. Brayton finished his snack, read a little from his book and then was in the office with the door closed. I didn't know what he was doing, but when I walked by, he would cover it up. Well, I believe I am going to sell it to Hallmark. . . Here is a picture of Brayton's two-sided get well card for Chris. He has a way with words (when he wrote a get well card for my mom, he said the sweetest thing in that one too! something like "you are just right for being my Grandma, so that's why you are!")

Just in case you can't read what it says (even by clicking on the pictures) here are the words (I should warn you, it made me cry, so be prepared):

I Hope You Get Well
get well soon
I Love You
To: Dad
From: Brayton
(far right side) turn the page (arrow)

I love you so much. . .That there isn't a limit. (OMG ~ does that melt your heart or what? this in parenthesis isn't what he wrote, it's my input ;~D)
(in the heart) 1000,000,0 %

Here is a picture of Taite humoring his brother. Brayton wanted him to look silly so he could take his picture. . .

The boys finished putting the Christmas decorations on the tree during the Vikings game. Brayton said the games are so long that he loses interest ~ wish I'd have known that before we bought him a ticket so we could all go together! Brayton is always the driving force behind getting the Christmas tree up every year.


Taite's Birthday!
Since Chris had his surgery scheduled for today (there was only one later day this month that he could have it and if anything happened that later date, then we wouldn't get it squeezed into this year when we've already met our deductible) we started celebrating last night. Taite asked for a Cold Stone Turtle pie (yummy!!!) and we all shared 1/2 of it last night (the other 1/2 is still in the freezer :~D)

We promised Taite that we will go out later this week or next week for his Birthday supper. Tonight we really didn't do anything special (the boys had Hamburger Helper) but they didn't care because Taite got a new Wii game so they ate as fast as they could and finished up their homework so they could get a rare treat and get to play the Wii on a school night!

Taite's gifts from us ~ Wii game & a digital camera (he'll be more excited about this one when we go to the Viking's game that Grandma & Grandpa got him a ticket for!) Of course the reaction G & G got when Taite read his sheet of paper saying he was going to the game was not the reaction we had expected. We were, after all, interrupting his Wii Transformers game. . . That is one thing I can honestly say that Chris and I didn't do a very good job of with Taite ~ his phone etiquette. He always seems to be in a hurry when he answers the phone which is usually due to a show being on or a game being played. So if you've ever been the recipient of this kind of hurry up situation with Taite, we apologize and are working on it.
It's ironic too because on our way to the hospital this morning, Chris and I were just talking about how happy we are with how the boys are progressing to good members of society. . .





1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures. Maybe after Christmas I can give all the boys a lesson in photography. I have been thinking about how I could do it and I think they would love it. What do you think? We could meet somewhere during the break.

    ReplyDelete