Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just stuff.

Yesterday I was thinking about a post, er, more of a question, well, just some thoughts. . .

Is there an age that people will "mature"? Or do the people, experiences, etc. that each of us encounter in our lives create who we are and that's just how it is? Here is why I ask:
If I go somewhere with Chris and he notices a pretty woman, I don't get upset ~ he's HUMAN! I can't say that she's not, either. Yet, I know some women get upset and mad if their husbands say anything or in some cases, just have to work with the woman! That just doesn't make sense to me. . . Is it because of insecurity they bring out the anger? If so, I don't think it will ever resolve itself!

Another "thing" I've noticed is that some parents who are single don't marry/date someone who treats their child as if they were their own. Yet, the couple stays together and to me that is the ultimate betrayal to the child if they aren't treated as fairly as the other kids involved in the "relationship". Just so you "get it", here's the example: Tim (name has been changed for obvious reasons hehe) has a son named Robert. Robert's mom is not in the picture at all, but Tim is now dating Rita. Rita also has kids and when they are all together, Robert is not treated the same as Rita's kids are, yet Tim doesn't say anything about how Rita treats Robert. Tim just acts as though it's Rita's right to discipline Robert. All it does in infuriate me! Who is going to stick up for Robert if his own father won't??? What are these adults thinking??? So, anyway, just some random thoughts (I was killing some time yesterday while we waited for my in-laws to get into Rochester).

All these thoughts were going through my head as I duplicated the photo Christmas card I had found online on Print Shop and it turned out GREAT!!! I even printed them on my printer and they look great! I ordered envelopes and will be able to mail them out next week! I am so excited! The thing I'm not excited about. . . getting all my dice game presents bought! I hate trying to come up with $5 or so gifts that aren't just junk. I thought we were going to change the "game" this year, but that didn't happen. So, I'm back to square one trying to find about 20 gifts for the dice game. When I find something good, I usually duplicate it because then I knock off 2 slots for the dice game. It doesn't make the game all that exciting, but it does ease a little pressure off of me!

Chris is still well so he's ready for his surgery on Tuesday. We don't know what time it will be yet because we have to call into the hospital tomorrow and then they have the schedule all completed for Tuesday's surgeries. We are supposed to go to a business dinner on Wednesday night and I am telling Chris he needs to let the sales rep know that we can't make it and Chris wants me to go to the meeting all by myself ~ something I am NOT prepared to do! I might consider it if we changed the restaurant we were going to to the one we ate at last night with Tom and Jane! They had excellent food and Chris said that it was better than anything he's had in Chicago (though I'm not sure if he just told me that so I'll quit bugging him to go there sometime. . .). It was excellent food and Taite was impressed that they gave him a free dessert for his birthday :~) I think he thanked the waitress and the guy who seats people at the door for his free dessert ~ isn't that cute??

Today we put up some of the Christmas decorations. If we do it in a couple of shifts, then it's not so overwhelming, though as I dug stuff out, I recall getting rid of many decorations this summer. . . You know the ones ~ you repack them every winter, but never put them out because you just don't like them?? I actually got rid of some of those!

We enjoyed the Vikings game today, but didn't do much else :~) It was a perfect ending to the Thanksgiving weekend! So, now I'd better get going on my planning for Brayton's class Christmas party. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment