Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am one lucky momma. . .

Today Taite is finally feeling good and went to school!!! It's the end of the quarter, so there is no school tomorrow, but he had all his work done and is all caught up after missing 4 days of school.

I took Brayton to the eye Dr. this morning because he had mentioned his eyes hurting and having headaches, but he doesn't need glasses (yet). He really didn't want them and the Dr. said that at this age he should still be a little far sighted, but he's not. He's got perfect 20-20 vision and his eyes may still grow a little which would change so he is near sighted, but we'll worry about that when the time comes. . .

The boys also had dentist appointments this afternoon. NO CAVITIES!!! Brayton is scheduled to have sealants put on the back molars on Monday and they should continue to have good reports! Taite already has the sealants (apparently they have to get to a certain age before they put them on) and he was "talk, talk, talk" on the way home. He liked visiting with his hygienist and I know she likes to chat too, so they were quite a pair. She said she wants to be his hygienist every time he comes to the dentist :~)

Taite was also very excited because he had written a story in class and his teacher took this story to the office so they could read it and the secretary in charge of putting together the monthly newsletter is going to put Taite's story in the newsletter. (He thanked the secretary as we were leaving today for putting his story in the newsletter) Some of you may remember the story, but it happened back in 1st grade, so I'll share it. Taite's class was walking down the hallway when they passed the janitor known as Big Lou (he's a nice grandpa type). Taite told his teacher, Mrs. Schaudenecker that he would like to do Big Lou's job for one day (or help him, something like that) so Big Lou could have a day of vacation because he works ALL the time! Taite already asked that we "buy" a copy of the school newsletter, but I told him, they just email it out, so I don't have to buy anything and we can have as many copies as he would like! :D

The crops in the field are still being worked on around us and this year we have corn near our house. With the rain and stuff, it's just been recently that my dad has started combining the field around us. Brayton was all upset one day because of the mess the husks made in the yard. I didn't really think anything about it until I found this in the garage. . .

Brayton had gotten a bag so he could pick up the corn husks and clean up the yard. I'm not sure why the husks cause him such distress and the leaves go unnoticed, but they do! Here is a shot of the yard so you can see what a disaster it really is ~ hehe!

I am the proud owner of a new ruby-like ring that the boys picked up in the "treasure" area at the Dentist office. Taite has reminded me multiple times that it was his idea and Brayton picked it out and gave it to me (Taite said he would have, but he thought it was too cheap and something. . .) They also had a mitful of stickers that they'll never do anything with, but I guess when you win over the hygienists, they let you get away with just about anything! LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment