. . . my husband

I love him more every day. I'm not quite sure why God has blessed me as he has, but I am eternally grateful. We are together most of the time and when he goes on a business trip ~ I miss him! He makes me laugh with his little one liners, has a beautiful smile and is such a good dad! We finish each other sentences and most of the time will say exactly what the other was thinking! I swear that is true. Guess we are soul mates and meant to be (well, it wasn't always that way). We have had our ups and downs, but it finally feels like we are past those big blow-up fights and saying hurtful words we don't really mean. We are together for the long haul and have made it "over the hump". I love you with all my heart, Christopher D.
. . . . my first born

He has the smile and attitude that everyone wants to be around. You care about everyone and aren't afraid to let them know. There is a song by Martina McBride that reminds me of Taite ~ it's called I Just Call You Mine. The line that fits him is "Everyone that sees you, always wants to know you and everyone that knows you always has a smile". Sometimes he frustrates me, but he's a boy ~ he can't help it! hehe He's friends with many including his brother, which is special for all sorts of reasons. He absolutely loves animals and makes me laugh when he is in the shower singing at the top of his lungs only to come out and whisper "hey Girl" to the dog who was waiting outside the door for him to finish. Ah, my love for him grows as fast as he is! I love you a ton, T-bird!
. . . .my baby

Brayton who appears to be tough on the outside, can be brought to tears with the fear of not being good at basketball and still likes to snuggle in bed with me and a good book. He is softhearted and kind just as Taite is yet only shows it to those closest to him. He's so very thoughtful and always thinking of others. The other day Chris went to breakfast with my dad to Perkins. He brought me a chocolate chocolate chip muffin because they are my fav. The boys wanted to have some, so I cut it in half for them to share. Brayton, cut his half in half and put it back in the muffin bag so Chris could have it when he came home from the office. Bray likes to curl up on his reading chair with a book and read when the urge strikes him. Brayton takes note of someone's sense of humor when he first meets them, which is unique. He's always ready for a good laugh! I love you so much, Bray Bray.
Saturday
The boys started basketball on Saturday morning. Brayton's coach doesn't say much when they are practicing, so I'm not so sure he'll get much out of this. Taite's practice I didn't really watch too much because I got to catch up with Carlie's mom (the girl who is in LOVE with Taite, well I should say one of them who is in love with him. . .). After BB, we went to Sears so Chris could check out their tool boxes (they have this monster of a tool chest at Lowe's and he really wants a new one ~ I wouldn't mind easier open drawers myself ~ but he doesn't really need the built in fridge and stereo with MP3 hookup) and the parking lot at the mall was full! People were definitely out doing their holiday shopping! So far I've ordered things off the Internet! I really like that kind of holiday shopping :~)
Saturday night my mom and I went to The House of the Crafty Mouse's special night of shopping. The whole store (well, there were exceptions) was 30% off and there was free champagne with snacks too! We enjoyed the champagne and I bought only 2 items ~ the Christmas and snowy stuff was all out in the store and I already have too much stuff to put out that time of year! The one thing I splurged on was a WoodWick candle. It kind of crackles when it burns so it sounds like a real fire and it's only a candle. Chris even likes how it smells, but he thought it was too noisy. Brayton and I liked it for "ambiance" while we read our books snuggled together in Chris and my bed!
Monday
Today was a "typical" Monday! We don't usually have crappy starts to our week, but today we did. . . We survived it and I had a glass of wine after so all is good. Chris has opted not to have surgery on his nose ~ when he lays down, he can't breathe out of the one side. The surgery would be covered with insurance, but runs about $10,000 and Chris isn't convinced that his problem isn't due mostly to swelling because of allergies. After some research, Chris is going to try and cut out wheat, dairy and refined sugars. This probably isn't a bad thing for all 4 of us to try, so tonight we tried our first tofu burgers. They were bruschetta flavored and weren't really too bad. I cooked them in garlic flavored EVOO and the boys had them almost gone when we told them "the news". I wish we could've gotten Taite's reaction on video ~ LOL He thought we were joking, but we assured him that we weren't and then he decided they weren't bad. Instead of a bun, we used slices of tomato (saw it on Dr. Oz), had fresh sliced onions, pickles and it really was good! All in all, our whole supper was pretty vegan and it wasn't bad! Chris thinks he is hungry, but I asked him if that was in his head because we had 3 fruits, mac & cheese, "burgers" and didn't run out of anything!

No comments:
Post a Comment