Friday, November 27, 2009

What I am thankful for. . .

I know this one is a day late, but yesterday there wasn't any computer time because it was just us (the 4 of us) enjoying the day together. It was perfect ~ a relaxed dinner, movie, a little football, snuggling on the couch and no going anywhere (well, except for the delivery of bread and scalloped corn to mom & dad's ~ I couldn't change our plans to go over there and then not deliver what I said I would bring, even though we didn't eat there. . .). Taite and Brayton even thanked us a few times for the perfect Thanksgiving day! It doesn't get much better than that!

With that said, here is what I am thankful for:
~ The ability for us to enjoy just being together with no computers, cell phone calls, etc. for work. It really is different from any other day for us. I understand that is difficult for some to comprehend, but if our 7 and 10 year old can, there is still hope!
~ I am grateful that my dad is one of the few farmers with all of his crops out! I HATED trying to explain to a teary-eyed little boy why his daddy wasn't home to help him practice basketball. As much as Chris feels he has to help my dad, he absolutely despised letting Brayton down day after day. . .
~ I am thankful that the harvest was such a success! With the iffy growing season, the crops still did wonderful and Chris is excited about being compensated this year for helping! He has his eye on a new tool chest at Sears or Lowes, or where was that again? . .
~ I am thankful that over the years I have acquired the ability to remember that 'there are always two sides to every story' or 'the road goes both ways' ~ however you like to say it, it is o-so important to remember! In this day and age, everyone likes to point the finger at someone else and say it's their responsibility to make me happy ~ not 'my happiness is my own doing. . .'
~ I am grateful that our boys are excited to play a used Madden '09 football game on the Wii because it was so much cheaper than the Madden '10 that is new and just came out! They aren't as spoiled as I had thought!!
~ I am thankful that my husband sees me for the independent person that I am and is just perfect at being there for me when I need him to be!

Of course I am thankful for the usual things, but these are some of the things I have really been thinking about recently and am thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment