This is the hazard of not posting often enough. I think of all the things I want to share with you and then I sit down to tell you and forget things!
To make our move as light as possible, we are eating everything out of the freezer and using things up as best we can. So far, the freezer upstairs is pretty clean (just the small one attached to the fridge), the downstairs one is getting less and less and we officially unplugged and cleaned up the fridge in the garage! Man have I had to go through a lot of wine!!! Just kidding!! :D
In our quest to use things up, I find a recipe for the kind of meat we've pulled from the freezer and then we create it with what we have on hand. Tonight ~ ground pork. The meal? White chili~ without the chilies (the boys won't eat it), black beans instead of Northern beans and mozzarella cheese instead of Monterrey Jack! Guess what ~ the pot was clean when supper was over!! Oh, did I mention I finished a box of Bisquick up too for the biscuits to go with. A success in my book!!
In case you want to try the real recipe, here it is:
White Chili I
Ingredients
1 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 cups chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Directions
1.Cook and drain the pork.
2.In a large stockpot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until transparent. Stir in the chilies, cumin, and oregano. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes more. Add broth, pork, and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
3.Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese until melted. (the boys and I had to sprinkle the cheese on ours as Chris can't have dairy ~ it was hot enough that our cheese melted in not time)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment