Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm sorry!

If I was supposed to call you today, I'm sorry.
If I was going to meet you somewhere today, I'm sorry.
If I was supposed to drive to your house for the weekend today, I'm sorry.
Today did not turn out as we had planned!  Chris was feeling somewhat panicky about all the stuff we have to pack yet.  This comes after a day of movers coming through and evaluating what we have to move yet and guessing the weight to be about 10,000 lbs!  We don't think it looks like much, but I guess they all know what they are doing because the estimates all came in about the same weight and same rate to move us.

So, today was a flurry of packing and boxes and people.  As we packed, we found and posted things on Craigslist and most of that stuff sold today or have plans for pick-ups tomorrow morning!  It was really a very productive day!  Among all this mess:
I found something that made me stop and it warmed my heart.  I was cleaning out folders in the office so I could reuse the manila folder when I came across this one:
I made a note in the folder as to what I found and am for sure keeping it.  This is folder of some of the little things the boys would make when they were entertaining themselves at the office (the mobile home we used as an office).  They had markers, colored pencils, crayons, stickers, etc. to create whatever they wanted to.  There were many times we tried to keep the noise down so people wouldn't know we were bringing our kids to work everyday.  What is so cute about this is that this folder was kept by Chris.  The tab at the top said "Boys", something I didn't even notice until after I opened it. . .  
As I was disposing of things I came across these ~ our address labels ~ they are now in the trash.  In this is a list of labels for sending extra payments in on our mortgage and those are trash too as we cancelled the automatic payment for our mortgage yesterday.  Slowly, but surely, this is all coming together!  I can't wait to get to the new house tomorrow to see what progress has been made!!!  Which reminds me, I am still supposed to be choosing a light for above the kitchen table. . . better get going with my online shopping!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment