Today was a looonnnnggg day of packing and running around. Ha, I just realized I said today ~ it was actually yesterday! (the day that never ends, hehe). When we were packing, Taite asked me "can you believe we are this far into moving?" I went off on him a little bit because that is a "Chris" question. Of course I can believe it! We decided to move and that is happening so nothing to be surprised about! We picked up the moving truck at 12:30 and then I was voted to go to Walmart to get more boxes, tape and bubble wrap (funny story ~ did the self check out and the lady watching over those says "you gonna be movin'?"). Good thing it was only Walmart because my face looks like pepperoni pizza, I had black jeans on with white paint and a way too big shirt (as I was walking in, I was trying to remember if my shirt had any stains or rips. . . ) We sold the hutch yesterday, but not the entertainment center, which is okay. Another thing we rented were like a bazillion moving blankets and everything should look okay when we finally get to unpack it! I put on FB that we needed flat screen TV boxes if anyone had some to get rid of and we are getting 2 from a high school friend! Yea, we can pick them up tonight because they (the family who has the boxes :D) were at the river for the night.
Among all our packing and mess, at mid-day Taite asks "when should we start packing?"
This is the mess in the living room/dining room.
Same area, different angle
Of course most food we were going to make was to be baked in an oven (Papa Murphy's, etc. :D ~ that's all I can think of) My friend, Molly (from college), reminded me that we could use our grill. . . Monica has been trying to get me to bake a pizza in the grill for years! It really was good. My only complaint is that for some reason, the crust stuck to the sheet thing (we had it sitting on a cookie sheet so it wouldn't catch fire so I'm not sure if that is why). Surprisingly, all the food we cooked was great on the grill ~ excellent way to keep the kitchen cool in the summer!! Too bad I'll have such a fancy oven in the new house ~ LOL!
The view out my kitchen window. . .
My husband emptied the freezer downstairs and I asked him if he had towels in it for when it started thawing ~ naw, he assured me he had some time before it got really messy. That must be why he was very calm when he requested I bring any towels I could find because he hadn't counted on it thawing quite so quickly.
During all of this, the boys played. They have swords and are battling.
Notice the dog is never too far away in case the play gets out of hand! Brayton mentioned yesterday that he is excited to be able to have friends so close by!!
We got most of the stuff loaded in the truck and are moving out the beds today. We are staying in a hotel, signing papers in the morning and heading out! Monica is going to watch Baby for the night ~ THANK YOU!!!
Okay, now for the pictures of the new house!! My MIL & FIL "broke" into the new house to see what had been done (who knows how many beers or wine was drank before they decided to do the break-in) LOL Actually, the code is 1234 for all of the new construction houses this builder builds :~)
This is the boys' bathroom. I need to pick out mirrors yet because I insisted that I don't want the plain ones ~ I want a frame or something around them! That's on my to-do list for this week!
They just finished the floors this week!! How beautiful are they?? This is a white oak with natural stain/sealer. This picture is standing in the dining area looking into the living room. All the doorways without doors, have arches. The living room was supposed to have carpet in it, but I didn't want to have to worry about the boys walking around on the carpet with food ~ being so close to the kitchen and all and they tend to wander towards the TV like mice to the guy with the flute! I think it just gives the room a little definition with the transition piece there.
Same room, another angle. This is standing behind the island/bar as if standing in front of the kitchen sink.
Again, same room, different angle ~ this looks towards the window that looks onto the deck.
This can be a dining room or sitting room. Since we have a plenty big area for our table in the dining area, we are going to put the "chairs" in here ~ the white one with the ottoman from Bray's room and the rocker recliner that matches the couch, along with the entertainment center and Wii.
This is the walk-in pantry.
Thanks for coming to share in our excitement!! I did have a sad moment yesterday (surprisingly, haven't had too many of those) when we took the hall bench back to my grandma's. I really did love that and how it turned out after the work I'd done on it, but everyone knew I had asked for it and it wasn't given to me randomly so I wanted to give it back to her so I didn't start anything among family (it was a hot item when we said we were moving ~ hurt a little to be asked if we were selling it ~ it's an heirloom as if I would sell it). That was not my sad moment though ~ my grandma will be greatly missed when we move. She has been our only support from family over here through our whole moving process and has constantly reminded us that she is praying for us that good things to happen for us and we are in her heart.
And that's a wonderful place to be!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment