So, I was going to send a bunch of pictures. Various things that you would like to see: the "Lego land" the boys have created ~ the room we don't have any furniture in has become their playground and it's all good because it's not in the middle of the floor!; the minuscule gap between the laundry room door and the washing machine. . . ; and other exciting things that I can't think of. LOL
So, I'll just go over some random things and give you a re-cap of today.
Way back on Friday, when we closed on our houses (both the sale of one and the purchase of the other) our realtor here said he'd left a gift at the house for us. It was this beautiful crystal dish! I happened to have those green mints they give us when we eat at the clubhouse in my purse, so that's where they went!
Last night we finally had a real meal cooked at home ~ Salmon something ~ it was cooked and on a bed of greens with strawberries and a vinaigrette dressing and honey drizzled over the salmon (I cheated and mixed the honey with the dressing only to realize that they didn't mix at all and we mostly had vinaigrette dressing on our salads) the salad was a hit and Taite even asked for more. Too bad, it was all only made for 4 servings.
Today my washing machine showed up (we had a huge stack of laundry waiting) and the Orkin man came for our initial inspection and application. The washing machine has to hug the dryer and the back wall and we have to hold the handle down on the door to the laundry room so we don't mark up the washer. . . In fact, I was moving laundry tonight and Taite tried to open the door to the room, so the washer already has marks on the door. The Orkin man said he saw a wolf spider OUTSIDE our house that he thought was a mouse at first (SOOOO did NOT need to hear that!). He assured us that he killed it good and hopefully that was the only one we'll ever have around here! He was even polite enough not to mention that the dog had crapped downstairs (he had already gone around the perimeter inside the house to spray). . . so embarrassing!
The cable guy came this afternoon to tell us our cable isn't working due to a poor connection (the cable that was in the walls of the house for the "ease" of use. . .) and he'd have to "tear into it" to see what is back there. Well, there wasn't time because we had to get to the school for our tour of the middle school. I had the boys' paperwork all filled out and they need it at least a week before starting here and the first day of school is August 19th! The middle school is the only tour we got in because it took longer than anticipated and the offices close early due to it still being summer. That's okay, we'll go back for the tour of the Elementary school soon. We did learn that the boys will be riding different buses and Taite isn't comfortable with that, but I believe it's only because he usually keeps Bray "in-check" and out of trouble. I guess Brayton can't always rely on his brother and will have to learn to take care of himself. Everyone we met today was very nice and the middle school has an awesome new science wing that an anonymous donor had built and will be open for the first time this fall. We should know by this weekend who their teachers will be. For Taite's class, the ratio is approx. 25 to 1 and he came from 30 to 1, so that will be nice.
To make the boys happy, I was going to swing into the storage unit to get more boxes and mostly to get the Legos they've had to live without and you'd have thought were their only Legos. Unfortunately, we pulled into the drive and this is what the entrance looked like:
We didn't get anything from the storage unit today. . .
After that, I was driving and saw a sign for $10 haircuts. The boys were long overdue, so we turned around and got them haircuts. The only catch was we had to entertain the dog for a bit until the beautician was done with the haircut she was working on. This is the dog: 

He kept jumping on Bray and finally got him down, then proceeded to "hump" him! I was on the phone with the cable guy trying to schedule the time for tomorrow while pulling the dog off of Bray. . . It was interesting!
After haircuts, we grabbed a change of shirts, a snack, Grandma and headed to the mall to find water shoes or sandals. The boys are participating in an outing for kids from the Dunes tomorrow. They are going to King's Pointe Water Park and are kind of nervous, but I think they'll have a blast and will forget all about not knowing anyone else on the trip! Our hope is that they will make some friends on this day long trip. And that is pretty much what is going on here. We are slowly getting more and more things "put away" in the house. We couldn't find our pots and pans and that's because we forgot to bring them. Chris was frantic about some folders he couldn't find, but he did find them finally today. Oh, that reminds me, I forgot to tell you about his Dr. appt. today. We think he has ulcers or a tension/muscle thing going on (it's gets way worse the more upset he is) and he finally went to the Dr and she was hot, so he was uncomfortable! LOL Of course, he said I was the most beautiful woman in the world to him, but she was very good looking and that made him uncomfortable ~ I laughed!! hehe




No comments:
Post a Comment