Last night we went to the open house at the school. It was from 7-8, but as we arrived, we noticed many people were coming early because we were there for the new family meeting that started at 6:30. We got to see Al Leber and some other heads of positions at the schools. The PTO meets right here at the Dunes, so I might have to be an active participant at those meetings ;) We bought some Panther wear at the Open house too ~ I got a really cool "worn" looking t-shirt like is in style! I was impressed and the lady told me that her and her girlfriend went out on a limb to order some, but they were selling like hotcakes and I had to have a cool shirt too!
The boys both have a locker which is new for them. Taite's has a combination and I practiced with him a couple of times so hopefully he remembers what he was doing. He has a tendency to get distracted and pay attention to what everyone else is doing. I was very nervous about getting all of their things (notebooks, folders, etc.) situated in their desks (in past years, we've had to put together a binder and organize things) but this year, both teachers just told us to put the stuff in their desks and they'll work as a class to get things organized on the first day of school!
Taite knows a couple kids in his class and the girl who sits next to Brayton was commenting on how she eats too much sugar ~ yippee! NOT! Hopefully they rearrange seats often :D
Today the boys went to Kid's Day again at the pool. It's something that they get to do (if we decide to get memberships at the club) on Wednesdays from 11 - 3. For $8 they play in the pool and will have an organized game after all the kids arrive, they get to choose their main entree, snack, drink and chips all from a list of choices. The boys get a little freedom and we get a "break" from providing them lunch. We just don't know if it will be worth the monthly fee to have this opportunity and the use of all the facilities (except the golf course).
It's been nice and comfortable these last few days and tonight Chris took advantage of it to mow the yard. He loves having a smaller yard ~ have I mentioned that before?? After mowing, he was chatting with the neighbors so I finished up cleaning and went out too. The neighbors are very nice (they live right next door and have a 10 year old girl and a 12 year old boy, who is taller than Chris) and they seem a lot like us in that their kids are well behaved, have rules and one night I interrupted their supper and they were all sitting at the dining room table like we do! The people on the other side, not so much. Their son and his friend were playing basketball at 11 on Sunday night and finally quit at 11:30, but I digress. . .
Of course when we were out chatting, it was about 7:30 and then all the kids came out too ~ right before they need to be told to go to bed :D Oh well, they'll see every one in the morning because the bus stops at the end of our road since the street doesn't go through yet. Apparently, they pick up each kid at their own house on the streets that do go through! That surprises me, but I guess for a district that doesn't qualify for state aid, they can do that sort of thing in town.
I forgot to mention that on Sunday night we got to go on a bike ride down by the river. The boys had played most of the afternoon at the pool with Annika, so Brayton was very tired after our ride, but it was a nice ride. Chris had to get new tires and tubes for his bike because his back tire was completely flat. I reminded him that he had commented at the beginning of the summer that one or both of my tires were bad too, but he didn't remember that and I had called him when he was already home from Walmart. Thankfully, my tire held up for our ride and for the 5 bike rides Taite took yesterday with it. Why is he riding my bike? His is too small, the seat hurts his butt and it's almost the end of the season so we have no idea how much he'll grow over the winter, so it seems pointless to get a new bike now, especially with school starting tomorrow.
If all goes well, we'll have new "First Day of School" pictures to post tomorrow!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment