Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No practice tonight, well, at least not at the football field. . .

Last night the boys were already excited for tonight.  Why?  So they could play with the neighbor kids (girls) :~)  You see, here is how our nights go when it's "football night".

3:40 the buses drop the kids off at the corner
if the boys have homework, they need to complete it now ~ Taite is somewhat distracted by the neighbor girls vying for his attention.
4:30 we plan to eat supper so the boys don't throw up at practice or anything
5:00ish we leave for practice so the boys can get there early to play around
5:30 - 7:30 they have practice (the head coach is in his first year in this program and prior to this, he coached the semi-pro team in Sioux Falls so he's used to intense practices and people who listen, but he's very enthusiastic with the boys)
7:45 we arrive home and Bray gets in the shower first while Taite has a snack
7:55 Bray grabs a snack while Taite showers and they are in bed by 8:30 and 9:00. 

Taite is still adamant that he doesn't need to go to bed before 9 even though he's worked hard at practice ~ it's a mind thing :~)

Tonight I finally wrote a letter to my Grandma and I'm ashamed to say it's been overdue because she's already sent us 2 letters.  Ironically, she called as I was finishing up.  I so wish she had our calling plan because she could use the free long distance way more than we do!  She called because she'd dreamed about me last night.  I had come over to cut her hair in her dream and I too had thought of this today as I was getting my hair cut.  It brought tears to my eyes to know that we're thought about and wished well by her. 

I'm happy to say that yesterday 2 new kids asked Brayton to play at recess and another new boy asked him if he wanted to play soccer today.  I wasn't sure how much we should try to explain about him associating with the "mean" boy, but it all seems to be working itself out and for that I am grateful.  Thank the Lord.

Tonight we didn't have "official" football practice, but a little backyard practice with the boys and I throwing around some balls and then Chris joined and it eventually went to practicing plays.  Taite has been praised as a center (he'll be the back-up) and Brayton wants to be a running back.  They worked on snapping the ball and Brayton's hand positioning for receiving hand-offs and how to fake the hand-off and then go for the pass.  It all seems confusing to me, so Baby and I sat on the steps of the deck and watched.  Oh, and I brought out ice water for the boys.  Brayton was proud that he had PE today and really got good exercise both at school and at home (when I got home from work, his whole face was beet red and sweaty)!  I was going to take pictures of them in the backyard, but I'm not sure where my camera ended up after last weekend.  I never took it out, but am pretty sure I took it along and now I can't find it. . .

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa!

    So love hearing how things are going for you guys! Miss you and think of you often! What did you decide to do about your haircut??? You never said in your post ;)!!!! Just curious! I get my haircut tonight and am debating about what I should do too! Take care!

    Love,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete