I noticed today that Brayton's football games are all at 1:00, just the locations change. This is nice because one day there was going to be Taite's game at 10 and Bray's at 11:15 and I didn't know how I was going to swing it!
Tonight was an answer to my prayers. . . Taite has a friend named Ethan (his dad coaches football for them, just a side note) and Ethan has been wanting to have Taite over to play. Well, Ethan finally called tonight and he and his mom were talking and discovered that Ethan's brother, Nick, is in Brayton's class so the invited BOTH boys over tonight and Chris and I went to dinner with Tom & Jane at the clubhouse. Chris and I dropped the boys off on our way to supper and met Diane (the boys' mom) and she was super nice! She said she would bring the boys home at 8 or so, but would use Taite's cell to call us before dropping them off so we'd be home. Well, after supper, Tom had reserved golf carts so we could tour the course at the Dunes which turned out to be a LOT of fun! So neat to look into other peoples houses :~P Anyway, our tour didn't get over until about 9 and I'd tried calling Taite's phone at about 8:30 with no answer, so I assumed it was dead (not good since the boys don't have either of our numbers memorized!). We swung by the house where the boys were and Diane had just gotten home from dropping Taite and Bray off. It seems they were so worried about needing to get home by 9 that they didn't think they needed to call us and assured her that "their parents leave them home alone all the time!" (great ~ now they think we are bad parents LOL) When Diane got home her husband couldn't believe she'd left the boys at our house alone so she was frantically trying to call Taite's phone to get my phone number . . . :~) It all worked out fine and the boys said the time went way too quickly!!! It's truly an answer to my prayers that they are having play dates at good homes and it goes well and so quickly. Thank you, Lord!
Side note: our course tour was fun and only one casualty ~ Chris spilled red wine on his khaki colored shirt while trying to drive LOL :D
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment