Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just an update, but no football pictures. . .

It seems like we are really busy and just because school and football have started.  The boys are doing just fine at school.  When they come home, they don't tell us about any of their friends, but when we get to talking and they tell us about their days, they start throwing out names and we have no idea who these kids are :~)
Football is no exception ~ they know lots of boys and you can tell by the actions on the field that they are comfortable with these boys and are friends.  The one coach for Taite's team seems perfect as still some of the boys are timid about hitting, so on Tuesday night one boy was particularly shy so the coach took the pad thing he had and shoved the boy over on his but.  The kid got up, hung his head and started to walk back to the end of the line ~ that was NOT the coaches intention at all!  So he yelled at the kid to get back in line, get mad at him and knock him down!!  I'm guessing the guy is 6'4" and weighs probably 250, so the kid got back on the board (board drills ~ remember them from last year?  Chris did them with the team) and fired out of his stance ~ he was pissed, but that's exactly what the coach was looking for and he praised the boy for it :D  Surprisingly, Taite has also benefited from this coach's tactics (trying to get him worked up enough to hit like his size would suggest he can hit!) and Taite was impressed to learn that the coach played for Utah State in college!

On Saturday Jane and I went furniture shopping.  While in one store, I noticed this:
It might be what we'll have to do to cover up Taite's window in his room, but I'm a little torn on how to make it look "boyish" enough. . .

Chris emailed me some recipes last week from Weight Watchers.  No, we aren't on it, but it never hurts to find out how to get the good taste without all the calories and fat!  In this recipe, the secret ingredient ~ pumpkin!
This is one box of devil's food cake mix and one can of pumpkin.  Do not add anything more and it will be VERY thick ~ so thick in fact, it broke my KitchenAid spatula in 1/2! ~ but you spoon it into muffin papers, bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes!  They aren't strong on chocolate flavor (I didn't use the cake mix it called for, though, so maybe that is why) but you CANNOT taste the pumpkin!  I even tried the batter to see how it would taste and you can't taste the pumpkin there either!  I'm going to try this same recipe only use the carrot cake mix I have in the pantry.  I WILL have to use cream cheese frosting so it won't be as guilt free, but no oil or eggs in the batter is good!
On Sunday Chris made a peach pie recipe I'd found from Crafting Chicks (see to the right and click on their bar) and it was DELISH!!!  It was called Peaches and Cream pie ~ we highly recommend that one as well, but it is definitely not a WW recipe ~ lots 'o' calories!

Well, after 3 times to the DMV, I finally have a SD driver's license!  They are very strict on the amount of paperwork you need and the first time Chris and I tried, the wait was going to be probably over 2 hours!  The second time, Chris got his and I read the wording too well on their description of docs. . . It said you needed to bring a certified birth certificate and if you didn't have a passport, you needed to bring some other docs.  Well. . . I do have a passport, so I only brought the BC ~ not good enough!  You have to bring the passport, not just own one. . .  Yesterday, I was in and out of there with a driver's license in 15 minutes!!  My picture looks like I'm scared ~ great!! 
Tonight I am going to an auction with Jane and it's got lots of furniture on it!  Can't wait as my list of furniture wants/needs is long, however, my husband thinks we need nothing. . .  Oh well, can't hurt to go and look :~)

Last night our husbands were away. . . so Jane and I and the boys went to Pasta night at the clubhouse!  :~D  The boys got bored with our conversation and it was beautiful out so they went to play in the grass.  It's right on the edge of the golf course and since it's getting late in the season, I didn't even see anyone out there, but even if it was, they are very kid-friendly here!  From where we were sitting, I could look out the windows and see them playing on the hills ~ in no time, they were playing football with 3 other little boys outside!  The oldest was in 4th grade and the youngest was 5 and they all had a great time ~ the boys were dripping with sweat and were gross by the time we left, but they were thrilled to have made more friends AND got their phone numbers too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment