Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hump Day Update

So here is the update on everything. . .
(the hump day reference is today when I woke the boys up I mentioned "hump day" and they had no idea what that was so I had to explain :D)

Chris
He's in Michigan on a business trip with some Japanese customers.  Last week he was making sure the crush plant in Michigan was ready and would pass the audit by the Japanese customer.  One would think that since they've been doing this for over 10 years, they'd know what they are doing, but they weren't ready and it was a good thing Chris went.  This week he's been driving the Japanese around and dealing with "fires" at work.  All of this has aggravated his chest issues.  Way back from our Japan trip (not sure if I told you he went to the Dr, but he called it an inflamed intercostal muscle) his chest has been in pain.  Some days (especially after stressful news or if he's dealing with something stressful) it's worse and other days it's not so bad and is just a dull ache.  Well, he'd finally taken all he could and after a few trips to the Dr (in the US) he got them to take some blood for work-ups.  Today he finally got the call from the nurse and she said the Dr. only wanted him to come in and they could discuss the results ~ not a good thing to tell Chris!!  Everything is functioning normally, except he's got some internal bleeding and they will have to do more investigating to find out what or where it is bleeding.  He was joking about dying today, but I know that he seriously worries about that, so I need to be the one to remain positive! 

Me
I have been doing "house" things while Chris is gone.  I found some fall picks to put in vases on the fireplace mantle and now I'm kind of out of places to put stuff :D  We don't have any furniture or tables in the sitting room, so the mantle is kind of "it" for spots to decorate.  I LOVE how it turned out, just to clarify, but the rest of my fall/Halloween decs are spread out on the barland and floor (this mess is what Taite thought I was referring to when I mentioned the fall decorations. . . LOL).  OH, also note the crochet mantle thing I found at Savers!  It's exactly what I've been trying to find online and couldn't ~ the best part. . . it was 1/2 off, so only $6!  It's 4 feet long!
I've also been trying to add things to the rest of the house and in that have injured myself.  I was standing on the edge of the tub surround and my feet slipped off as I was reaching to see how some curtains would look by the window and thought I had wrecked the wood near the tile around the tub (I should've just taken a picture so you don't have to envision it) and upon closer inspection, the wood wasn't wrecked, it was my skin that had scraped off my knee.  This was during football practice, so I had to pull it together so I could pick up the boys.  I put 2 band aids on my wound so they over-lapped and later they were both bled through.  To fix it up good for overnight, I folded up some gauze and put it on with an extra large band aid ~ without any antibiotic ointment.  NOT a good idea!  Even after a shower with the band aid removed, I couldn't get the gauze off, it's pretty much a "scab" now, so I cut off what I could of the gauze and loaded it up with antibiotic ointment and hopefully it will come off with ease now!

Here is a picture of the tub and window I was trying to hold the curtains up to.  (sorry for the quality, I've been kind of lazy lately and only use my phone)

Here is a picture of the edge of the tub where my skin was folded up on the edge. . .  (the skin has been removed ~ I didn't know what it was until I picked it off ~ GROSS!)
I did have success finding some outdoor furniture for our deck the the day too!  I finally figured out that I didn't need to buy a set and it was cheaper.  It's just for Chris and I to enjoy the deck and I think they'll work perfectly!  Now I just need to find a cheap outdoor rug :D
Tomorrow during football practice, I am going to a Kick-off meeting for Siouxland Friends and Neighbors which is an organization that has different groups and after you pay your $30 fee, you can partake in any of the groups you want!  There's a Bunco group, a book club, gourmet food group and many others!  I can't wait to sign up and meet people, but I have to be quick.  It starts at 6:30 and the boys are done with practice at 7:30.  Too bad I won't be able to enjoy the wine and appetizers they are having at the party. . . :D
Football
Since Monday was a holiday, the boys only have practice 2 times this week and one meeting with the staff and players only, the night before their first game.  Tuesday night they had pictures so not a whole lot of practice happened, I don't think and after practice, they had the annual watermelon feed for the players and coaches.  As the boys were leaving, none of them had helmets and I couldn't figure out where they were ~ the head coach was collecting them so the DV emblem could be applied by Thursday nights practice!  They are new helmets this year, so that must be why they weren't on before.  The boys are very excited for their first game this Saturday!  I just re-read the calendar and it's a good thing we don't have anything else planned cause our whole day will be pretty full.  Taite plays at 10 and we have to have him to the field 30 minutes before the game and Bray plays at 1 and he also has to be at the field 30 minutes early.  It's only for 5 weeks so we are excited to get started!

Brayton
Bray has been having bloody noses and they usually happen on the bus. . .  I feel terrible about that, but he doesn't seem to be bothered by that fact apparently because the bus driver deals with it and that obviously helps Bray deal with it. 
He is thrilled about working harder at football.  He said he is getting to play more because he's being more aggressive and we told him that's the way to guarantee he gets to play!  He was very concerned with the "report" I gave Chris about practice ~ before he'd even had practice! :~)

Taite
Taite has been reading!!!  Lots of books!  They have a program where they are to read books and then take quizzes to show they understood what they read and he's met his goal already for this quarter, but he keeps reading and that's because his friends are reading interesting books, so then he checks out the same book!  YEAH!!  Tonight he said some of the kids on the bus could not believe he and another boy were reading on the bus (I couldn't believe it either!)  :~)  He still never has any homework, so I hope his grades reflect that he "gets" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment