Since we moved, one of my fav things to do is explore! I grew up where I lived for most of my life, so everything was pretty well known to me. Well. . . here it's not!! Yesterday my boss let me have the afternoon off and I explored. I found 3 consignment shops, Shopko and a quilt store! Then I ran out of time and had to come home to fix supper with a longer list of "to-explores" than I had time. I did find this fun pattern in the quilt store: (I hope it really does take just an afternoon!) What a fun thing!!!
Last weekend Chris decided to clean out the storage shed so we could quit paying for it (when we first moved, his goal was to get that done in 5 months). He started Saturday and finished on Sunday. It is now empty. After organizing all the boxes and putting things in their place or at least grouping things together, it seems we are missing a box. I'm thinking we took it to Goodwill by mistake. What was in it?
Plates, bowls and dishes that matched our "summer" dish set
Pampered Chef 4 mini loaf pan
Pampered Chef regular loaf pan
beaters for my hand mixer
other things I'm sure we just haven't figured out yet
Today I continued my consignment shop search (found 1 new one and visited 2 past ones) in the off chance I'd find stoneware to match what I had lost. The only thing I found was a loaf pan. It's a stoneware one and it's pretty to boot. My other one was well used (which makes it's loss that much harder, same with my mini loaf pan), but it will be nice to have one that looks pretty when I put it on the table! The best part? It was only $5! I only paid $1 for my PC one at a garage sale, but I'm not holding my breath that I'll be that lucky again! My mini loaf pan I had to pay full price for and I'm sure I'll have to again.
In my search for PC stoneware, I found out that they no longer make the deep dish baker in the stoneware. I was shocked because I LOVE mine for making fall off the bone chicken and other roasts, etc!!! Well, I just happened to find on at the consignment shop that we take stuff to for $8 so I picked it up as back-up in case something happens to mine :~)
Another thing I found today that I've been wanting is one of those cups that is re-usable, but looks disposable. Don't know what I'm talking about? Here, I'll show you:
It was only $2.50
I found this stand and it wasn't special, but I thought it would work well with our modern looking furniture in the sitting room ~ bonus ~ it was 1/2 off so only $1.25
But. . . I kind of like it on my counter too with this cookbook displayed on it!
HOWEVER, my favorite and BEST purchase of the day was this cute little dresser I found at a consignment shop for only $65! It's painted black and has wheels on the bottom (Taite has never seen that and said "cool"!) and looks OH SO perfect in our sitting room! Even if we want to change it out, it will work in my sewing room when we get that done! When I was looking at the dresser for the 2nd time (ran out of time the first stop) I noticed the globe on a stand that was also on the dresser and knew Brayton would LOVE it ~ he did! I plan to paint the wooden piece in the middle a black so it matches the dresser and then maybe distressing the wood on both to look more worn.
Here is a picture of how the new furniture pieces look from Pier 1.
The room is still in progress so that's why you can't really see the lamp in the corner cause it's sitting on the floor. I need to find the perfect table to put it on :~)
On Sunday after Taite's football game (it was rescheduled from Saturday cause of the weather ~ rainy and lightning) the boys were playing catch in the front yard and some boys from down the street came and asked them if they wanted to play football with them. Of course they went and played and we were excited to have more in the neighborhood. I snapped a few pictures of them playing.
Unfortunately, we had to call the boys in for supper in the middle of their playing. After supper, though, they were invited again to join them. I went to check on things just because you never know and was surprised to see the one boy grab his brother's shoulder, bring it down and knee him in the shoulder. I understand they are brothers, but it is so out of character from our boys I was shocked! The younger, injured brother was rolling around on the ground as the older one acted like he didn't know what happened. I was not impressed but wasn't quite sure how to handle the situation. . . Then I proceeded to watch them play and they were supposed to throw the ball to one of the other players and that turned into whipping the ball at someone like 3 feet away. Needless to say Taite wasn't happy when he came home and Bray seemed oblivious. Yesterday the same boys rang our doorbell to see if our boys could play. I told them we had to eat an early supper so the boys could get to practice and they left. Taite asked me what I told them and I said "They were too mean so our boys couldn't play with them" and Taite said "oh" while nodding! Even Chris said "You DIDN'T say that, did you?!" Geez, you'd think he would know me by now. . .

I soooo love this post. I love seeing all your finds and the prices! Makes me want to run out shopping...salvage shopping that is:-)
ReplyDelete