We've had a lot of rain, though not as much as they got back in Minnesota (thank God!). With what we did get, I am still happy with our house because there are many lots lower than our house, not yet developed, but are beside houses we considered buying with water sitting in them! I always wonder what is happening in the adjacent houses to these empty lots because if there is that much water sitting in an empty lot, what's below ground? With all this rain, football practice was cancelled on Thursday night and the games from Saturday were cancelled. The boys were bummed (even about practice being cancelled), but we tried to play up our 1st big football party! Well, it wasn't so big, but it really was our 1st! The game that was a must see in this area was SDSU playing Nebraska. For those who aren't big college football followers (say that 3 times fast!), SDSU just moved to D1 football and it was the first time since like '67 or something that SDSU played Nebraska! They held their own and did an excellent job, to the dismay of the Cornhuskers' coach (Neb. won, but it was NOT the blowout they had expected). We had great food and fun (I had to bring out the cow bell!) thanks to Tom and Jane joining us. It would've been pretty dull if they hadn't have come! LOL Now that we are 2 weeks behind on Bray's football games, they are making them up on the "practice" days so we'll try to keep that all straight!
On Friday night Chris and I had our first Siouxland Friends and Neighbors event. We were nervous because, you know, we were the new ones and all. Of course, it was bring something to pass and your own drinks. We brought our drinks and then learned how it works. . . Everyone brought a bottle of wine, to share, and if they wanted to drink something else, they brought that too ~ UGH, we didn't know! Chris went racing back to Tom to get a bottle of wine that we could contribute (we were right around the corner from their house) and he checked on Taite. I don't know how we can forget the effect the cats have on him and his allergies. With the "stuff" outside, he could hardly breathe when that was combined with the cat "stuff" inside their house. Speaking of which, I need to pick up some Zyrtec. That seems to be the only thing that works for him because the Claritin we have at the house, doesn't cut it. He's doing fine now other than I was ready to strangle him this morning. . .
Taite came out from his room, dressed for school in a wrinkly gray t-shirt and silky/sport shorts. This is his outfit EVERY day! I asked him where his shirt came from and he said his room floor. Long story short, he said he had to wear a dirty shirt because he didn't have anything else to wear ~ translation: he doesn't have anything else in his closet he wants to wear. He has plenty of other clothes! He just wears the same t-shirts every day of every week. I'm tempted to wash them and NOT put them back in his closet so he will wear some of the nicer clothes in his closet and will look nice.
Brayton was in a really good mood yesterday and that was a nice change :) Not that he's crabby all the time, but he doesn't seem to get enough sleep or something so it made Chris and I both smile when his quick wit was back and he was funny.
This morning Chris asked Taite if he wanted oatmeal or eggs and toast for breakfast ~ um, yes, he would have all of those. Chris apologized sheepishly as he backed out of the kitchen to get ready to leave with Tom for the day. . . WTH?! With Taite sitting on the bar stool waiting, I got started on the eggs and then thought "why am I attempting to do all of this myself??", so I got Taite making the oatmeal (it only goes into the microwave anyway, so not a big deal!). They both polished off the oatmeal, eggs and toast I had made. Hopefully they had a great day with all that food in their stomachs! Speaking of food ~ I better run because Bray has a field trip tomorrow to a nature preserve and they are supposed to have lunches in pails and they are walking to the preserve just like in the old days and I still haven't found a "pail" (they suggested creating one out of a Crisco can, but I buy it in sticks now) so I'm going to hit the dollar store and see if I can convert something from there. . . Wish me luck!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment