Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Updates

Today Chris could only have clear liquids and he's into his "colon blow" tonight.  Tomorrow ~ a colonoscopy and whatever oscopy they do when they put a camera down your throat to look at the upper portion of your digestive system.  The boys are worried, I just pray they only find a bleeding ulcer.  Chris spoke to his Dr. today to discuss only doing the upper GI thing, but the Dr. said not to let age be the deciding factor.  He just diagnosed a 24 year old pregnant woman with colorectal cancer yesterday. . .

Brayton has a yellow practice jersey.  The other 3rd graders also have a yellow practice jersey.  To tell who he is, I need to know what socks are his. . .  Tonight I was watching the wrong boy because I didn't think that Bray played on the offensive line!  I finally had to walk over to where they were practicing to see which kid was mine! 

Taite has exciting news after tonight's practice ~ his coach is going to try him at fullback.  If you are like me, you have no clue what this means.  Well, he will get to run the ball and he has to lay out hits to put the other guy on his butt.  Taite is VERY excited!  When did my little boy turn into a little man who thinks that his bruises are cool and show how tough he is??

This week at school is homecoming.  Today was jersey day.  The boys both wore their Vikings jerseys and Taite said one of the new girls wore a Green Bay Packers jersey so he had to give her crap.  She told him to save it because she'd gotten enough already.  :~D  Taite said one of his teachers had a signed Ben Leber jersey because he taught Ben!  They both thought that was cool!  They are honoring some years graduates at the game on Friday night ~ I wonder if it will be the year that Ben Leber graduated. . .  Tomorrow is crazy hair day or cap day ~ I told the boys if they wore visors then they could do both crazy hair AND hat day!  Thursday is 50's day ~ not sure what they'll do and Friday is Spirit day.  They were invited tonight at practice to the high school football game by the high school head coach!  He congratulated them all for playing well on Saturday too.  Friday at 1:30 there is also a Homecoming parade.  I'm not sure how things are working. . . the 3rd graders walk in it and the 5th graders are being bussed to where the parade will go (I only know about these ages because of the boys).  I need to send an email to get details.

On Sept. 28th, Brayton's class is walking to a Nature Preserve and one room old school building.  They are walking to give the kids an idea of what it was like to walk to school in the old days.  In fact, we are asked to pack them a lunch to resemble what a lunch might look like back then too.  We have to go so far as to create a lunch pail by covering a Crisco container or something similar with butcher paper and make a handle for it and cover it with cloth.  The sandwiches have to be something they would've experienced in the old days ~ cheese, egg, meat and we have to wrap everything in butcher paper or napkins.  Their juice can be sent in a jar with a tight fitting lid.  How cool will that be??  I hope they ask for volunteers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment