After he left this morning at 7 (Tom picked him up and waited for him at his appointment) I had a lot of time to clean and wash our bedding and think. . . and think. . . and think. . . I was very relieved when Tom sent me a text telling me what the Dr. said! We were very appreciative of him driving Chris to his appointment because the boys are just getting up at 7 and Chris' appointment was for 7:30. The only downside is that I didn't need to drive to the hospital and wait and that was a long time to be alone! As I was cleaning, doing dishes and laundry, I thought I'd share with you just some of the "stuff" from our house ~ to yours! :~)
I've been decorating and added some stuff to above the cabinets. My biggest challenge is not falling off the counter while doing this! The crown molding on the cabinets is so tall and on the tallest cabinets, it's really difficult to see what I'm doing. Oh, another challenge ~ finding stuff to set my stuff on so you will actually be able to see it over the crown molding :D
Notice we still haven't pulled the trigger on bar stools yet. With 7 to buy, we want to make darn sure we choose the right ones!
Our bed waiting for clean sheets so Chris could enjoy them when he came home!
This the rug that Jane and I got (we each got one since they were such a good deal!) at Pier 1. They were marked down to $29 from $130! Chris isn't really a fan because it's not soft at all and it reminds me more of an outdoor rug, but it's super great for having in the kitchen. I just vacuum it regularly and I've been pretty good about staying ahead of the dust bunnies in the rest of the house too so it's not a big deal!Bray's pads and helmet in the middle of the floor (oops, those are my shoes in the background, not put away ~ good thing I'm the mom and get to break those rules ~ hehe)
A drying rack of football stuff: jerseys (Vikings, game & practice), pants and girdles (yes, that's what they call the "under" pants thing the boys wear). This is in the sitting room and it's not quite "done" hence the hodge podge of stuff and furniture in there!
Here are the two chairs we got from Pier 1 ~ I am assured the love seat will be on this week's truck! The only problem is we don't have any accent tables or ottoman to go with these yet. . . That will have to wait until we know what we want for sure! I like shopping online, but am not always sure about buying this type of stuff online. I've found a lot of things I think I might like on Overstock, but what if I don't like it??
I've had this spider thing from House of the Crafty Mouse for a couple years now I think and I've never been able to suck it up and buy a fake pumpkin because they are so expensive! Well, it seems to me anyway that they are! I found this one at Hobby Lobby and think it works perfectly! It's like woven reeds to create a pumpkin and the best part ~ it was over 1/2 of the price of the other kind of fake pumpkins and looks just as cute!
Last night Chris was tired and I was hoping he could get some sleep so I waited to go to bed. As I was watching Leno and chatting on FB, I heard the dog growling. Since she's in Taite's room now, I went and told her to be quiet. I noticed there was a car parked outside our house in the street (kind of unusual at 10:45) and figured that's what she was unhappy about. Well, next thing she's barking like someone is trying to break in (well, I knew they weren't, but she wasn't happy about something)! I grabbed her out of her kennel and made her sit on the rug in the living room with me until she calmed down. The car was gone at this point, but I watched the security SUV turn around in our driveway (also unusual unless we've called them on the neighbor). Well, this morning it all made sense. . . (did I mention it's Homecoming this week) :D
This is our front door (from the inside of course). I thought it looked good, so I took a picture. Simple as that! I seriously need to buy stock in 3m's removable hooks! I'm hooked and use them everywhere! (no pun intended! hehe)

I am so glad Chris is okay. I have to say that if I posted that my husband would KILL me!
ReplyDeleteYes, he would kill me too if he knew, so I've modified it just for you (and him) :)
ReplyDelete