Wednesday, September 29, 2010

**Untitled**

So, one of my favorite things is to read blogs of friends to find out what they are doing, what their kids are doing and to see how creative they are.  I LOVE this and I don't.  It seems I am not as deep as I think, I'm not as witty as I would hope and I certainly do not have the photographic ability my friends have (not even close).  Don't worry, though, I will continue to bore you with my lack of wit, deep thoughts and good photographs, but I'll keep trying to improve! 

The day of Brayton's field trip, I was feeling guilty for not having any desire to go with him.  It's rather strange. . . at Byron, I would feel extremely guilty for not going and here, I just didn't feel like it.  So, to make up for it, I whipped up some cookies for his "old-fashioned" lunch that morning before school.  I looked through cookbooks and was happy to have found this one because it did NOT take all morning to bake the cookies because it didn't make a ton of dough!  We like them so much, I'm sharing the recipe because I'm not anti-baking, I just don't like having to eat the cookies for weeks :D
Three-in-One Chocolate Chip Cookies
6 Tbsp. butter or marg., softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla ext.
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
12 oz. pkg chocolate chips
You know how to mix the dough ~ I baked them in small cookies (the other choices are one large cookie or roll into a dough roll, chilling and slice into cookies to bake) and it took about 12 minutes on my stone at 350 degrees.  The amount of chocolate chips is about equal to the amount of dough :D



 My favorite part is that all of the cookies fit into one smaller plastic storage containers!  We won't have to eat cookies for weeks (or, rather, throw them away after a few days)

While I was baking cookies I came to a decision ~ I don't want to get rid of my toaster oven yet.  We moved it and don't really need it, so I was going to take it to the Consignment shop, but I still really like it and we have room in the pantry, so that's where it sits (now, not for this picture)
 Last night Brayton had a make-up football game from 2 weeks ago.  I think they lost, but he got to play a lot so that was good!  Usually he only plays on the offensive line, but last night they tried him on defense too ~ he was thrilled. 
 This team had their cheerleaders there too (like the other team he played) they are sooo cute!!
 Here is our little man after the game.
 Such a cutie!!
 Tonight the boys wanted to do something with their dad.  I wanted to go for a walk ~ Chris suggested basketball.  We packed up 3 balls and headed out ~ it only takes a couple minutes to get to the courts and we were the only ones there.  I so do NOT have the talent my friends have, but I still like having the opportunity to document their play.












 This is the face of my son who brought tears to my eyes as I read his after-school text to me.  He must've gotten home and immediately text me to apologize about the discussion we had this morning about him wearing something other than gym shorts and t-shirts.  I hated starting his day off like that and felt terrible as I watched him leave the house, but figured he'd wear what he wanted to anyway and would think nothing of it.  Not so, he must've thought about it during the day. . . God has certainly blessed us with two wonderful children!


 I apologize for the crooked pictures ~ this blogger has a new photo upload thing and it's really handy!  I can upload the pictures all at one time AND I can put them all on the blog at one time!  The only down-side is I can't "flip" them after they are uploaded!



No comments:

Post a Comment