1. Call me a geek ~ I'm thrilled to have a drawing done for the layout of the basement! Already looking at theater seating for the movie room.
2. Our boys play better football when there is a "prize" on the table. We are headed out today to get them footballs from Scheels with their favorite teams on them.
3. I hate that my husband's biopsy came back not so good. Incurable disease that only .033% or .0033% of white Americans get and it increases his chance of colon cancer by 75%. At least he's not fighting me on taking the drugs the Dr. prescribed!!
4. I hate mosquitoes and having to wear bug spray! Even when they don't want to bite you, they will still swarm by your head!
5. My husband is sick to his stomach over what the dog's nails are doing to our hardwood floor. . .
6. I LOVE my hardwood because I really don't have to worry about where the boys are eating and believe me ~ they eat wherever they feel like it now!
7. Our bar stools are all ready to be picked up at Walmart ~ I hope we like them. I wonder if they'll let us pick up only 4 to make sure we really like them before we bring all 7 home :D
8. The boys and I are parade geeks! We are sooo excited to go to the USD Homecoming parade tomorrow! Side note ~ they don't call it homecoming. . . Dakota Days (weird ~LOL)
9. The boys think school goes by very quickly at Dakota Valley (good thing)
10. Our neighbor boy (who the boys adore) will probably not go to high school at DV because the local Catholic school has already spoken to his parents about recruiting him for his sporting talent. We are sad by that. . .
11. We finally got a new grill!!! We paid up and got a Weber so it should last us years and years!
12. I have been doing a lot of online shopping (don't tell Chris)!
13. I am also excited cause the "drawer" who did our basement plans gave us a bid on materials, but he told Chris we would want to get our sheet rock from a different place in town because they will actually deliver it and carry it down to the basement! Ken can appreciate that! He was roped into hauling the sheet rock down for our last basement completion project!!!
14. I ordered swivel, glider rockers for the sitting room only to find out the dark color of wood that we wanted doesn't come in swivel. I'm thinking we need to skip the swivel because I really liked the fabric I picked out and it took me a long time ~ hehe
15. In our movie room, we'll be able to seat 8 AND have room for a little popcorn machine! I can't wait!!!
16. I hate bullying and we need to start a movement that it will NOT be tolerated ~ no excuses, no "kids will be kids", HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS and their parents too!! So many of them are just needing attention (and maybe a swift kick in the butt from an adult wouldn't hurt either).
I think that's all ~ for now!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about Chris' biopsy. I hope the drugs help him. About the bullying, you need to watch the show "If you really knew me" on MTV. Excellent show about bullying. Be proud you have to excellent behaved kids and can be proud you did a great job being a parent. Hang in there sis! I love you and miss you like crazy.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to tell you that I ordered a popcorn popper for our basement and I LOVE it. It is a 4oz one from Amazon and it was only $140.00 It is perfect. Let me know if you want the link.
ReplyDeleteSteph, thanks for the words of encouragement. Yes, the boys miss everyone too ~ Chris and I were more prepared for that, than they were, I think. They are doing better than expected. I'll have to check that show out!
ReplyDeleteMonica, good greif! That's a huge popcorn popper! We'd have to store it and all that stuff, so we'll have to wait to see if they still have it later! Glad to hear your life can resume some "normalcy" for a little while and you get to "enjoy" another winter in MN LOL